1st March 2016, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Subjects should be taken in 11th standard to do Ph.D in Astronomy? List of colleges for Ph.D Astronomy?

1.what subjects should i take at starting of 11th std in order to get to the phd in astronomy ?
2.which are the colleges that offer phd in astronomy ?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to get admission in Ph.D(Astronomy) programme for M.Sc(Astronomy) student? In which entrance exam I have to appear?
  2. How to get admission in any university to do Ph.D in Astronomy?
  3. Scholarships available for a candidate who has secured admission in PhD(Astronomy) course in UK?
  4. How can I get admission in IIT for Ph.D in Astronomy programme?
  5. Which is more preferable for doing PhD in astronomy and astrophysics, either B.Sc(physics hons) or B.Sc(physical science)?
  6. PhD or Post graduation in Astronomy and Astrophysics is possible after B.Tech?
  7. What are the subjects I need to take after 11th to study astronomy in future?
  8. How can I become an astronaut after completing computer science?
  9. Colleges for astronomy in Kerala? I am studying in 11th standard
  10. Am I eligible to study PhD in Astronomy after completing B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering?
  11. List of institutes which offer B.Sc(Astronomy) in Uttar Pradesh? Eligibility to study for 12th student?
  12. Can I study Astronomy in Graduation after completing 12th Science? List of colleges which offer Astronomy in Delhi?
  13. Which are the entrance tests related to Astronomy or Astrophysics? Is there any online Astronomy class? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. List of the institutes offering astronomy course? What is the eligibility for the same?
  15. Can I get admission for MSc in Astronomy in IISc Bangalore on the basis of BCS degree?
  16. Reference books for preparation of IUCAA-TIFR-INAT and JEST for study PhD in Astronomy and Astrophysics?
  17. Universities and colleges in India offering MSc Astrophysics, Integrated MSc and Ph.D in Astronomy?
  18. What are the various career options available in astronomy? List of the colleges along with their requirements for the same? Currently, I am in 10th class. What should I do for making career in astronomy?
13th March 2016, 11:28 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Subjects should be taken in 11th standard to do Ph.D in Astronomy? List of colleges for Ph.D Astronomy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1.what subjects should i take at starting of 11th std in order to get to the phd in astronomy ?
2.which are the colleges that offer phd in astronomy ?

The aspirant can take physics & mathematics as one of the subjects in the 11th standard to pursue PhD in Astronomy. You have to study M.Sc in Astronomy & Astrophysics; the course is available in many colleges in India. After the M.Sc course you can study PhD programme in Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), the selection will be done through an entrance examination and interview. The PhD in Astronomy is available in the following universities;
Osmania University – Click here
Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences -
Click here
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?