28th March 2015, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

Can I study Astronomy in Graduation after completing 12th Science? List of colleges which offer Astronomy in Delhi?

Hello everyone,
I am interested to study Astronomy
in Graduation. I am studying in 12th Science
from ISC Board in Delhi. Can I do Astronomy in
Graduation after my 12th? Which are the colleges
providing Astronomy in Graduation in Delhi?

Related Questions:
  1. Which institutions offer M.Sc.or integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. course in astronomy?
  2. Eligiblity criteria and universities offering Diploma in Astronomy Science with fee structure for BCA student?
  3. What should I study to become an Astronomer? Can I study astronomy after 12th science or is diploma a good option?
  4. Stream to choose in 11th standard for becoming an Astronaut?
  5. Which are the entrance tests related to Astronomy or Astrophysics? Is there any online Astronomy class? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Which colleges in India offer MSc in Instrumental Astronomy?
  7. Can I get admission for MSc in Astronomy in IISc Bangalore on the basis of BCS degree?
  8. Eligibility to study B.Sc(Astronomy & Astrophysics) for 12th passed candidate?
  9. List of the institutes offering astronomy course? What is the eligibility for the same?
  10. What are the various career options available in astronomy? List of the colleges along with their requirements for the same? Currently, I am in 10th class. What should I do for making career in astronomy?
  11. Any institutes in IIT which have Astrophysics subject?
  12. List of top colleges offering M.Sc in Astronomy and Space Physics? Procedure to apply for this course?
  13. How can i change my career path from Computer Science to Astronomy?
  14. What should I do after B.E to go for astronomy field?
  15. How to become an Astronaut after studying Mechanical Engineering?
  16. What are the entrance exams I need to write to do post graduation in Astronomy?
  17. Which courses to do after 9th so as to become an Astronaut?
  18. What to do after 12th to get into the field of Astronomy?
15th May 2015, 12:04 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I study Astronomy in Graduation after completing 12th Science? List of colleges which offer Astronomy in Delhi?

Yes, you can definitely do graduation in astronomy if you have cleared your intermediate.
the eligibility criteria for the diploma as well as for the graduation course in astronomy is of the intermediate only.

Now, since this is not a very popular branch, hence there are not many colleges in Delhi. So, if you are thinking of selecting this field then you should also be ready to go outside Delhi. Some of the colleges across Indian (including Delhi) are as given below-

>> Indira Gandhi National Open University, School of Inter-Disciplinary and Trans-Disciplinary Studies

>> Guru Nanak Dev Polytechnic

>> Faculty of Arts, Chaudhary Charan Sigh University

>> School of Studies in Jyotirvigyan, Jiwaji University

>> Srinivasa Ramanujan Centre

>> Institute of Rajasthan Studies (Sahitya Sanstha), Janardan Rai Nagar Rajasthan Vidyapeeth University

>> Department of Futures Studies, University of Kerala

>> Maharishi Institute of Vedic And Management Sciences
11th June 2018, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I study Astronomy in Graduation after completing 12th Science? List of colleges which offer Astronomy in Delhi?

Can I study Astronomy in Graduation after completing 12th Science? List of colleges which offer Astronomy in Andhra pradesh?
13th March 2020, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

I am a 12th class student. Can I do Bsc from astronomy. If yes, then please suggest me best colleges in India which offers Bsc astronomy. If no, then please suggest me that which subject should I prefer in Bsc to make career in astronomy?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?