7th February 2014, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

PhD or Post graduation in Astronomy and Astrophysics is possible after B.Tech?

I want to do phd or post graduation in astronomy along with my job(engg in telecom sector PSU),qualification b.tech in electronic and communication.Is there any option for me(distant learning or part time)/

Related Questions:
  1. Best colleges in India offering MSc in Space Physics?
  2. Which is more preferable for doing PhD in astronomy and astrophysics, either B.Sc(physics hons) or B.Sc(physical science)?
  3. How can I do Ph.D in both Astrophysics and Nanotechnology? How may I do both in a sequence with Astrophysics first?
  4. Which are the entrance tests related to Astronomy or Astrophysics? Is there any online Astronomy class?
  5. Courses and institutes for becoming an astrophysicist/theoretical physicist? Best institutes offering the course? Is it necessary to be on the merit list of IIT JEE/AIEEE?
  6. Scope for Researching field if I do Ph.d in Radio Astronomy? Is it Necessary to do Post Graduation or PhD to Enter Research Field?
  7. Post graduation in Astronomy possible after Electronics & Telecommunication engineering?
  8. Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA? I am interested in Astrophysics
  9. Institutes offering Astronomical Science course after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA?
  11. Stream to choose in 11th standard for becoming an Astronaut?
  12. Universities and colleges in India offering MSc Astrophysics, Integrated MSc and Ph.D in Astronomy?
  13. Can I do Post Graduation in Astrophysics being a candidate of going to finish Graduation in Physics in the next year?
  14. Which are the colleges offering Aeronautical Engineering courses on the basis of AIEEE exam?
  15. Best colleges in India offering BSc in Space Research and Technology?
  16. How to join ISRO after passing BSc? I want to do MSc in Astrophysics or Astronomy
  17. Any other exams or courses for study of Astronomy or Astrophysics apart from ISAT?
  18. How to become an Astronaut?
22nd February 2014, 10:00 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: PhD or Post graduation in Astronomy and Astrophysics is possible after B.Tech?

It is really nice to see your spirit of learning and gaining more knowledge especially while doing job. But I am extremely sorry to say it is not possible for you to pursue post graduation in astronomy even in part time mode. This is because of the following reasons :-

- You do not have a graduation degree in Astronomy.
- There is no part time course being offered in India by any institute in the field of Astronomy.
- However you can get knowledge of the fundamentals and certain concepts regarding this field by opting for e-learning through platforms like http://edx.org/
https://www.coursera.org/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?