3rd March 2012, 06:15 PM
vamkar

List of the institutes offering astronomy course? What is the eligibility for the same?

hello,

I'm doing my B.Tech in EEE but my passion is in astronomy I would like to pursue a course in astronomy after finishing my B.tech
could you please give me an list of the institutes offering astronomy course and also the eligiblity..

Related Questions:
  1. List of institutes which offer B.Sc(Astronomy) in Uttar Pradesh? Eligibility to study for 12th student? -- [New]
  2. Which course should I opt for making a career in astronomy after B.Sc? List of the top institutes for the same?
  3. Institutes offering course related to Astronomy? Which exams to be answered?
  4. List of Colleges or Universities offering B.Tech in Astronomy? Career scope in this field?
  5. Which courses to do after 9th so as to become an Astronaut?
  6. What is good for me after BSc in Astronomy? What is the eligibility?
  7. List of institutes offering Construction Management Courses in India and their rating? Eligibility and application procedure?
  8. Is there any course related to General Science, Physics, Geography and astronomy? Institutes offering the course?
  9. Which institutions offer M.Sc.or integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. course in astronomy?
  10. List of colleges offering Astronomy/Cosmology as the main subject in degree level? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. List of top colleges offering M.Sc in Astronomy and Space Physics? Procedure to apply for this course?
  12. How can I become an Astronaut after passing 10th?
  13. Which are the entrance tests related to Astronomy or Astrophysics? Is there any online Astronomy class?
  14. Institutes offering Ph.D in Civil Engineering stream? List of IITs and foreign institutes? Is IISC Bangalore offering this course?
  15. Post graduation in Astronomy possible after Electronics & Telecommunication engineering?
  16. What is the eligibility criteria to apply for M.Sc Astronomy?
  17. What are the various career options available in astronomy? List of the colleges along with their requirements for the same? Currently, I am in 10th class. What should I do for making career in astronomy?
  18. Can I study Astronomy in Graduation after completing 12th Science? List of colleges which offer Astronomy in Delhi?
8th March 2012, 04:50 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: List of the institutes offering astronomy course? What is the eligibility for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamkar View Post
hello,

I'm doing my B.Tech in EEE but my passion is in astronomy I would like to pursue a course in astronomy after finishing my B.tech
could you please give me an list of the institutes offering astronomy course and also the eligiblity..
Following are some of the Institutes which offers courses in Astronomy:

Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences
Osmania University - College of Science
Indian Institute of Astrophysics - The Vainu Bappu Observatory
Indian Institute of Science - Bangalore

As far as the eligibility is concerned, aspirant must have a science background. He/she must have studied Mathematics and Physics in the Higher Secondary level and followed it by similar stream in the bachelors degree program.
For further information, refer to the official website of the Institutes mentioned above.
6th April 2012, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: List of the institutes offering astronomy course? What is the eligibility for the same?

I would like to know which would be better, doing my masters in astronomy in India or Abroad?
Being a EEE engineering student will I be eligible for my majors in astronomy?
11th January 2013, 05:35 PM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

List of the institutes offering astronomy course

1.indian inst. of astrophysics

2.osmania univ.

3.aryabhata research inst. of observationsal sciences

4.indian inst. of sciences

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
16th February 2013, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
I am doing engineering in ece branch.but i am interested in cosmology.so what is the procedure for learn this?
which college offering this course?
18th May 2013, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

hi...
Do you tell me about scopes in astrophysics?
N also about eligibility to pursue astrophysics?
19th July 2013, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

HELLO SIR,
I am studying b.tech 4th year in ece branch.I want to do M.S. astronomy in India.
which is the best university that is offering ms astronomy
18th December 2014, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Sir
which colleges in mumbai for astronomy
i am studing in 12th now in PCM
please suggest
mail id [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?