25th July 2014, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Syllabus for PhD interview and useful books for IISc Computer Communication Networks?

Dear sir,

I completed my M.Tech from IIT Madras in Communication systems engineering. currently working.

Now I am interested to join Phd at IISC in the area of Computer communication Networks. Kindly help in knowing the syllabus for interview and some useful books too for my preparation.

Thank you in advance.....

21st March 2023, 05:58 PM
SidhuMoosewala

Default Re: Syllabus for PhD interview and useful books for IISc Computer Communication Networks?

Dear student,

Congratulations on your decision to pursue a PhD in Computer Communication Networks at IISc! To prepare for the interview, it is important to have a strong foundation in the following topics:

1. Computer Networks: Routing algorithms, TCP/IP protocol suite, Network Security, Wireless Networks, etc.
2. Probability and Stochastic Processes: Markov chains, Poisson processes, Queuing Theory, etc.
3. Optimization: Linear programming, Nonlinear programming, Convex optimization, etc.
4. Data Structures and Algorithms: Graph algorithms, Dynamic programming, Greedy algorithms, etc.
5. Operating Systems: Process scheduling, Memory management, File systems, etc.

Here are some useful books to help you prepare:

1. Computer Networks by Andrew S. Tanenbaum, David J. Wetherall
2. Probability and Stochastic Processes by Roy D. Yates, David J. Goodman
3. Convex Optimization by Stephen Boyd and Lieven Vandenberghe
4. Introduction to Algorithms by Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson, Ronald L. Rivest, Clifford Stein
5. Operating System Concepts by Abraham Silberschatz, Peter B. Galvin, Greg Gagne

Additionally, it is important to stay up-to-date with the latest research in the field. Reading papers from top conferences such as SIGCOMM, INFOCOM, and NSDI can help you gain a deeper understanding of ongoing research and current trends.

All the best for your interview and future endeavors!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?