10th May 2016, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

What is the age limit required to pursue Ph.D through UGC NET?

Please guide me that how can i do Phd through UGC NET..I am pursuing MSW from IGNOU and have 7 years of job experience in Administration in private sector..and what is the age limit? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same?

11th May 2016, 10:39 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit required to pursue Ph.D through UGC NET?

No there is no age barrier to pursue PhD course. To pursue PhD course you must have completed your masters degree in any discipline from recognised University with minimum 60% marks and relaxation in upper age limit is given to reserved categories.
11th May 2016, 11:43 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

There is no age limit.Many people undertake further studies including Ph.Ds when they retire. You have to appear in the entrance exam to pursue to Ph.D course.
12th May 2016, 12:52 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please guide me that how can i do Phd through UGC NET..I am pursuing MSW from IGNOU and have 7 years of job experience in Administration in private sector..and what is the age limit? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same?
There is no specific age limit required for PhD course. Those satisfy the educational qualification and qualify in the UGC NET entrance exam are eligible to apply. In order to eligible for PhD course, one must at least be Master degree holder in concerned specialization from a recognized university. The candidate must secure minimum 55% of marks at Master degree course.
13th May 2016, 12:55 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Age Criteria Required to pursue Ph.D through UGC NET:

You can do Ph.D by appearing in National Eligibility Test (NET) which is conducted by University Grants Commission. Make sure you score good marks in the entrance examination in order to fetch a seat to do Doctoral Program. There are two posts come under this UGC NET and they are,

* Junior Research Fellowship
* Assistant Professor

For Assistant Professor :-
)) There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for assistant professor.

For Junior Research Fellowship :-
)) Your age should not be more than 28 years and of course there is an age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

Click here to get an Idea
13th May 2016, 05:30 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To do Ph.D, you need to appear in the UGC NET examination which is the entrance examination to take admission in Ph.D.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognized University with 55% of marks.
Once you qualify in the NET examination, you can definitely take admission under Ph.D degree course.
There is no age criteria for NET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?