20th April 2015, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

What is the difference between Ph.D and M.Tech course?

What is the difference between Ph.D and M.Tech course? I am currently doing B.Tech course and I want to know the difference in order to take the particular which will hold good for me next after completion of B.Tech course. So, please provide me the answer soon.

20th April 2015, 04:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between Ph.D and M.Tech course?

M.Tech is a post graduation and Ph.D is a research program which is considered the highest qualification in a particular field of study. Therefore, there is a lot of difference between them and there is no way you can compare these two qualification because they are totally different.

You can go for admission in M.Tech only after completion of your B.Tech course. Admission in top Universities is mainly based on the score obtained in the GATE and if you have got excellent score then you have good chance of getting admission in top colleges.

After completion of M.Tech you will be eligible for Ph.D admission only when you have got at least 55% marks in your M.Tech program. Candidates with NET/SLET/JRF/GATE score are preferred for admission in Ph.D program.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?