15th December 2013, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

What to do after B.Sc (Computer Science) for career in Astronomy or space science?

sir I want to make my career in the field of astronomy or space researches,plz tell me what can i do after B.Sc. (computer science)..

Related Questions:
  1. How can i change my career path from Computer Science to Astronomy?
  2. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  3. Any institutes in IIT which have Astrophysics subject?
  4. Which specialization is the best for career in BSc Computer Science or BSc Electronics?
  5. Can I get admission for MSc in Astronomy in IISc Bangalore on the basis of BCS degree?
  6. Which is more preferable for doing PhD in astronomy and astrophysics, either B.Sc(physics hons) or B.Sc(physical science)?
  7. Cutoff marks and the fee structure of the Kochi Law school
  8. What is the initial salary for freshers? I have done BSc computer science
  9. How to do graduation in Actuarial Science and what are the career prospect of this subject?
  10. What is good for me after BSc in Astronomy? What is the eligibility?
  11. What major should I take in BSc to do Astronomy? Is it possible to do Astronomy after BSc from IGNOU?
  12. How can I do Ph.D in Dravidian university? I've completed msw M.Phil
  13. Can I get a seat in BSc computer science after passing 12th computer science?
  14. Is there any course related to General Science, Physics, Geography and astronomy? Institutes offering the course?
  15. What to do after bsc in computer science? MSc or MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. List of career options available for a B.Sc(computer science) graduate? List of top colleges I can apply for?
  17. Top 10 universities for Ph.D Astrophysics? Selection Procedure for Ph.D in these Universities?
  18. List of top colleges in India offering Post Graduation course in Cosmology?
21st December 2013, 08:01 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: What to do after B.Sc (Computer Science) for career in Astronomy or space science?

Astronomers are the dreamers who apply equal measures of analytic thinking and imagination, logic and intuition, to answer the most fundamental questions about the cosmos. So to be an astronomer you must posses average intelligence, high imagination, persistence, problem-solving and analytical skills and must be good at both mathematics and computational skills. So road to become an astronomer is a very tough one.

Normally to build up a career in Astronomy one needs to pursue a doctoral degree as astronomer's most of the work are research and development oriented.

Mostly everyone who wants to be an astronomer must go for science stream in their Higher Secondary course especially with physics and maths as one of the compulsory courses and thereafter honors in Physics and Maths in their Bachelor of Science course after which candidate can pursue Master of Science in Physics to establish themselves strongly in theoretical or observational astronomy.

If you are opting for Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Electrical / Electronics/ Electrical Communications and then you can pursue Master of Technology and can be eligible to establish a career in Instrumentation/ Experimental Astronomy along with theoretical or observational astronomy.

After completing M.Sc. and M.Tech you can perform any specialization in astronomy leading to Ph.D(Doctor of Philosophy). Ph.D is mandatory to do research work which will make you eligible to become an astronomer/ astronaut/ astro physician or a scientist/ research officer etc. in the field of space research.

As you have already completed your B.Sc in Computer Science now you need to go for Master of Science in Physics or Maths. You need to appear JEST(Joint Entrance Screening Test) to get admitted for Ph.D course.

Astronomers are the dreamers who apply equal measures of analytic thinking and imagination, logic and intuition, to answer the most fundamental questions about the cosmos. So to be an astronomer you must posses average intelligence, high imagination, persistence, problem-solving and analytical skills and must be good at both mathematics and computational skills. So road to become an astronomer is a very tough one.

Normally to build up a career in Astronomy one needs to pursue a doctoral degree as astronomer's most of the work are research and development oriented.

Mostly everyone who wants to be an astronomer must go for science stream in their Higher Secondary course especially with physics and maths as one of the compulsory courses and thereafter honors in Physics and Maths in their Bachelor of Science course after which candidate can pursue Master of Science in Physics to establish themselves strongly in theoretical or observational astronomy.

If you are opting for Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Electrical / Electronics/ Electrical Communications and then you can pursue Master of Technology and can be eligible to establish a career in Instrumentation/ Experimental Astronomy along with theoretical or observational astronomy.

After completing M.Sc. and M.Tech you can perform any specialization in astronomy leading to Ph.D(Doctor of Philosophy). Ph.D is mandatory to do research work which will make you eligible to become an astronomer/ astronaut/ astro physician or a scientist/ research officer etc. in the field of space research.

As you have already completed your B.Sc in Computer Science now you need to go for Master of Science in Physics or Maths. You need to appear JEST(Joint Entrance Screening Test) to get admitted for Ph.D course.
28th April 2014, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What to do after B.Sc (Computer Science) for career in Astronomy or space science?

I AM 12 CLASS STUDENT I WISH TO STUDY IN PHYSICS AND BECOME AN ASTRONOMER .WHAT I CAN DO?
3rd November 2019, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

By doing Bsc in computer science can we achieve the job in space research.
10th August 2021, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do an msc in astrophysics after a bsc in computer science?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?