7th January 2015, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria to get Ph.D in Chemistry?

Please tell me that what is the criteria of getting phd in chemistry in one of the top 20 college?

Provide me the info soon as possible.

9th January 2015, 11:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria to get Ph.D in Chemistry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please tell me that what is the criteria of getting phd in chemistry in one of the top 20 college?

Provide me the info soon as possible.
To do Ph.D in Chemical science, you must have CSIR NET score. The details of CSIR NET exam is given below.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for CSIR NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years.

Best Books for CSIR for Chemical Science subject

CSIR-UGC NET Chemical Sciences (Part A, B & C)
by
R. Gupta's
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House-delhi (2009)

Ugc Net/slet Paper 1 Compulsory]
by
CHANDRESH AGRAWAL
Publisher: Priynka Prakashan (2012)

www.csirhrdg.res.in/
9th January 2015, 01:47 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria to get Ph.D in Chemistry?

Eligibility Criteria to get Ph.D in Chemistry in any top institute/ College:

>> Candidates must have "Master's Degree" in relevant subject obtained from a recognized university

>> Candidates must have possessed "Bachelor's Degree in Engineering" Or "Science" (04 year program) from a recognized university.

>> Valid GATE/ CSIR/ UGC Score is required to meet the requirement

>> Candidates must have passed their "Masters or Equivalent Educational Qualification" with first class (6.5 grade out of 10) or else 60% of marks (for General/OBC candidates) and 55% of marks (For SC/ ST candidates)

>> Candidates with master's degree in Bio-Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Materials science and Technology or its equivalent qualification are eligible.

Ph.D Area of Research (Chemistry):
Major area of research (Chemistry) are Organometallic Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry, Quantum Dynamics, Nanomaterials, Materials synthesis and Catalysis, Electronic structure calculations, Homogeneous catalysis, Fuel Cell & Batteries, Organic (Supra molecular) synthesis.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?