28th August 2015, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed to apply for Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc Botany?

I am STUDENT OF m.SC BOTANY 1-YEAR from Annamalai university,I want to know about Phd programme,how to apply for it?what will be the duration of the programme? Can someone give me the information on the same? Awaiting for the answer!

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to do PhD in mentioned subjects in Abroad for M.Sc(Botany) student? Eligibility and requirements to apply?
  2. Integrated M.Sc and PhD in Botany is possible through distance education?
  3. Is it possible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc botany with 52% marks?
  4. PhD in Botany without entrance at MG university?
  5. How and from which stream to do PhD after M.Sc Botany?
  6. Eligibility for Ph.D in Botany after M.Sc in Botany and 50 years of age? Suggested college for the same in Kolkata
  7. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  8. List of colleges for MSc Botany or Integrated Ph.D?
  9. Eligibility for Ph.D in botany without entrance in MG University after M.Sc in botany and M.Phil in Biotechnology?
  10. Procedure to apply for Distance PhD(Computer Science) for M.Tech(CSE) student?
  11. Minimum marks required for admission in IIT or NIT college through GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How to join Ph.D after completion of M.Phil in Botany? How to get Fellowship for Ph.D?
  13. Eligibility of doing M.Sc in Botany through correspondence after B.Sc and B.Ed?
  14. Should I have to appear in UGC NET to study PhD in Botany in CMS College, Kottayam? Procedure to get admission?
  15. How can I apply for PhD in Germany?
  16. What shall I do to become a Dietitian after completion of M.Sc in Botany?
  17. How may I do Ph.D or M.Ed? What's the applying procedure for the same? I've done M.Sc , B.Ed
  18. Criteria to pursue Botany MSc in Calcutta University after completion of Botany BSc Honors from Bardhaman University?
30th August 2015, 06:13 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to apply for Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc Botany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am STUDENT OF m.SC BOTANY 1-YEAR from Annamalai university,I want to know about Phd programme,how to apply for it?what will be the duration of the programme? Can someone give me the information on the same? Awaiting for the answer!
Applicants who would like to join the PhD will have to have a Master Degree degree in relevant specialization from recognized university. Applicants must have a score of more than 55% percent in their Master Degree course. Apart from this, an entrance exam will be conducted for granting admission to the applicants. Only those s applicants who qualify in this entrance test will be given admission. Those applicants who have qualify in the UGC NET or SLET entrance exam are exempted from entrance exam conducted by the university.
31st August 2015, 02:29 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to apply for Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc Botany?

You need to appear for the NET Examination and once you clear the NET Examination you will be eligible for the PhD Course.
You must have good Domain Knowledge to be eligible for the course.
You must also think about a certain area on which you want to do research oriented work for the completion of your PhD Degree.
Once you are able to do this and you have all the basic criteria you can apply for the course of PhD.
You need to have a minimum 55% in your Masters Degree to be eligible for the NET Examination.
So you must concentrate on your Masters Degree.
You need to prepare for the NET Examination from now on.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?