30th October 2016, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in Classical Carnatic music?

Dear Sir/Mam,

Kindly guide me with the procedures of doing phd in classical carnatic music? What are the steps to be followed for it? Can you please give me the complete details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can guide me on this. Awaiting for the response.

30th October 2016, 10:32 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in Classical Carnatic music?

To opt for Ph.D in Classical Carnatic music, you first have to complete your Masters degree in the same. After completing Masters degree, you must have to qualify in the UGC NET examination.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognised University with 55% of marks.
After qualifying in the said examination, you can study Ph.D in the above mentioned field.
25th September 2018, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in Classical Carnatic music?

What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in Classical hindustani music(vocal)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?