3rd September 2016, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

What are the qualifications required to do Ph.D course after completion of M.A in English?

Hi,

i have done m.a. eng.what qualifications are required to do phd n how can i apply??? Can you please let me know what is the minimum criteria required to apply for the course? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon as possible. Thank you!

7th September 2016, 02:32 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What are the qualifications required to do Ph.D course after completion of M.A in English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

i have done m.a. eng.what qualifications are required to do phd n how can i apply??? Can you please let me know what is the minimum criteria required to apply for the course? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon as possible. Thank you!

The candidates who have studied and qualified Master’s Degree in English from any university recognized by UGC and securing a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade are eligible to do PhD in English. There shall be an entrance test for all the candidates for the selection. Candidates already qualified NET/SET/GATE/M.Phil are exempted from the entrance test. After short listing the candidates will be called for an interview. At the time of interview the candidate has to submit a research proposal. The PhD in English is available in the following universities

University of Calcutta - Website Link
Amity Institute of English Studies and Research - Website Link
Pondicherry University - Website Link
19th May 2017, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the qualifications required to do Ph.D course after completion of M.A in English?

Hi I completed Masters degree in English Literature through distance education from Manonmaniam sundaranar university Tirunelveli. Can I study PhD from the same university
5th January 2018, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

I have done ma in English through distance learning from ignou securing just 55% marks and have cleared cbse net. As now i am serving, can i do phd through distance learning?
25th April 2018, 07:08 AM
Unregistered

Sir i got back in my internal exam of M.A in English in 3rd semester and i want to know that can i apply for the Phd degree further because till now i have more than 60% marks in my M.A kindly suggest me i just got back in internal exam, so is there any chances of my admission if i get through the entrance exam of any university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?