11th March 2018, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

CSIR-NET or UGC-NET, which is to appear for study PhD in Economics

I don’t know which exam is to be given. I want to study PhD in Economics. Please tell me I have to give CSIR NET? Or else I have to give UGC NET? Which exam takes for Economics course? Kindly help me.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET?
  2. In which entrance exam should I appear among CSIR-NET, UGC-NET, ARS-NET, ICAR-NET and SLET to do PhD?
  3. CSIR or UGC NET, which is to appear for studying PhD in Pharmaceutics?
  4. Admission process in Ph.D. under Organic Chemistry stream?
  5. CSIR or UGC NET, which is to appear for study PhD in Pharmacy?
  6. CSIR-NET or UGC-NET, which is to appear for studying PhD in Sericulture for M.Sc postgraduate?
  7. CSIR or UGC NET, which is to appear for studying PhD in Chemistry? -- [New]
  8. Am I eligible to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET being M.Pharmacy postgraduate and GATE qualified? Syllabus of CSIR-UGC-NET for admission in PhD in Pharmacy? Details of Fellowship?
  9. Can I appear for CSIR NET Exam and UGC NET Exam being an MCA candidate? In what way I can pursue Ph.D course? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Topics available to study in PhD in Economics for UGC-NET qualified person?
  11. Can I get stipend to study PhD through CSIR-NET?
  12. Can I apply in CSIR/UGC NET to get JRF if studying PhD from local university?
  13. UGC or CSIR-NET, which is to appear for PhD(Psychology) admission?
  14. Can I apply in CSIR/UGC NET to get JRF if studying PhD from deemed university?
  15. How can I apply for CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Biotechnology if secured 80% in M.Sc?
  16. Can I do PhD now if did M.Sc 7 years back? Process to do PhD without cracking UGC or CSIT NET?
  17. CSIR-NET or UGC-NET in which to appear for studying PhD in Management?
  18. Can I study PhD in Applied Mathematics through CSIR-NET? Detailed information about CSIR-NET?
24th April 2018, 07:41 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: CSIR-NET or UGC-NET, which is to appear for study PhD in Economics

Since, you want to pursue PhD in Economics subject, you must have to appear in the UGC-NET to study PhD course in the stream of Economics as you are eligible for UGC-NET only.
Candidates those who want to pursue PhD in Science subjects are only eligible to appear in the CSIR-NET examination. Otherwise, to opt PhD for subjects other than Science, candidates should have to appear in the UGC-NET examination.
25th April 2018, 03:07 PM
mohammadhassan

Default Re: CSIR-NET or UGC-NET, which is to appear for study PhD in Economics

As you mentioned that you are intending to pursue Ph.D. in Economics, you should have to study Ph.D. course in the line of Economics then only you will be eligible for UGC-NET.

All the participants who are willing to proceed for the quest for Ph.D. in science subject are only eligible to appear in the CSIR-NET examination. Otherwise, to opt out Ph.D. for other subject but not science, a UGC-NET examination is mandatory for candidates should have to appear.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?