1st February 2016, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission for Ph.D in English after completion of masters in English with 51% marks?

Respected expert's,

I recently completed my master of English with 51%,so please tell am I able to get admission in Phd? What is the minimum criteria required to apply for the Ph.D course? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same?

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do PhD in English after completion of MA English with 53% marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Eligibility for marks in MA English for Ph.D admission?
  3. From which university I can do PhD after completion of my M.Phil and MA with 53% marks in English?
  4. Eligibility for PhD course in English Literature through online mode?
  5. Can I hold a masters degree in commerce and English simultaneously after completion of my B.Com? Will I be eligible for NET exam then?
  6. Procedure of pursuing PhD in English from JNU?
  7. Can i do MA in English from GNDU with 58% marks in BA?
  8. Can I do Ph.D through correspondence after completing masters in English with 60% marks
  9. Am I eligible to get admission in M.A English after scoring 64% marks in English and 55 in English discipline
  10. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after completing MA in English with 50.1%?
  11. What are the qualifications required for me to do Ph.D after completion of masters in English?
  12. Which course should i choose in post graduation to become a English professor in a college?
  13. Am I eligible for Ph.D admission after completing M.A in English with 50% marks
  14. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?
  15. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?
  16. Can I do Ph.D after completion of English through distance education?
  17. What is the procedure followed to do masters in English literature in correspondence mode after completion of B.A in English Literature?
  18. Am I eligible to do PhD in English without any entrance exam if completed M.A. from Karnataka State Open University?
1st February 2016, 10:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission for Ph.D in English after completion of masters in English with 51% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected expert's,

I recently completed my master of English with 51%,so please tell am I able to get admission in Phd? What is the minimum criteria required to apply for the Ph.D course? Can you please provide me the complete information on the same?

Thank you!
You have completed M.A in English with 51% marks so you are not eligible for Ph.D course.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

1)Those candidates who have completed post graduation degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

2)There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.

So you can try for double M.A in distance education to get above 55% marks for Ph.D admission.
2nd February 2016, 07:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission for Ph.D in English after completion of masters in English with 51% marks?

With 51% marks in post graduation you can't become eligible for Ph.D admission in India if you are a general category candidate.

You have chance of applying for admission only when you belong to reserved category through 5% relaxation in marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?