1st March 2017, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed?

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed? Can you please give me the information on this? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the complete answer soon as possible. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do PhD in English after completion of MA English with 53% marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. From which university I can do PhD after completion of my M.Phil and MA with 53% marks in English?
  3. Eligibility for Ph.D in English literature after completing M.A English with 52.22%?
  4. How can I do Ph.D? How to select subjects? I've secured 54.9% marks in M.A(English)
  5. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D course after completion PG course in English literature with 60% marks?
  6. List of universities where I can apply for Ph.D in English if I scored less than 50% marks in MA?
  7. What is the minimum required percentage to do PhD in English after completion of MA?
  8. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D after completion of 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering with 76.77 percentage?
  9. Am I eligible to do MA or B.Ed after completion of graduation with 50 percentage marks? -- [New]
  10. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in Bengali after completion of honors and masters in bengali with 50 percentage marks?
  11. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in English after completion of MA in English?
  12. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?
  13. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?
  14. Am I eligible to do Ph.D program after completion of MA in English with 50% marks?
  15. Am I eligible to get admission for Ph.D in English after completion of masters in English with 51% marks?
  16. Am I eligible to do PhD in English Literature?
  17. Is it good to do Ph.D English or I can try for some other topic?
  18. How much marks percentage is required in MA English from IGNOU for doing Ph.D in English?
3rd March 2017, 12:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed? Can you please give me the information on this? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the complete answer soon as possible. Thanks!
You have completed M.A degree with 48% marks from a recognized University so you are not eligible for Ph.D course in English.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

You should qualify in UGC NET exam to get admission Ph.D course.
3rd March 2017, 03:31 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

No, you are not eligible to do PhD in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed. Candidates who likes to do PhD in English must have passed MA English with minimum of 55% marks(5% relaxation will be given for SC/ST). So with less than 55% marks it is not possible to pursue PhD English. Admission to the PhD in English will be done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the entrance test and personal interview conducted by the university. Preference will be given for those candidates who have qualified NET or GATE or SET examinations in the relevant subject. The above given is the common procedure followed for taking admission in most of the UGC recognized universities.
3rd March 2017, 08:16 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to do Ph.D course in English after the completion of your MA course with only 48% of marks in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the same.
So, you must have scored at least 55% of marks in order to be eligible for Ph.D course.
1st July 2017, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed ma English (bed )with 55%marks I didn't qualify net&set will I get scholarship in PhD plz tell me sir
21st September 2019, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am postgraduate from history so can i apply for PGT without B. ed
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?