25th November 2017, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after B.Com if my ultimate goal is Lectureship?

I have graduated from B.Com and I am not finding a way. What to do? I just want to go for lectureship and for that I need to prepare for NET exam. Please give me guidance.

26th November 2017, 12:24 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What should I do after B.Com if my ultimate goal is Lectureship?

Since, your goal is to become a lecturer, so you need to do PhD and then appear in NET/JRF entrance exam. After completion of your B.Com degree, you must have to do Masters in the relevant discipline and then after Masters degree you have to apply for PhD course. In order to become eligible for PhD course in the relevant discipline, you must have to complete masters degree with at least 55% marks from a recognized university.
You have to appear and qualify in NET/JRF entrance exam, in order to get admission into PhD course in the relevant discipline. After completion of PhD course, you can work as a lecturer in college/university.
26th November 2017, 01:32 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have graduated from B.Com and I am not finding a way. What to do? I just want to go for lectureship and for that I need to prepare for NET exam. Please give me guidance.

You have to study MCom and after completion of MCom can appear for the NET or SET (State level Eligibility Test) examination to become a Lecturer. Therefore, first you have to join and complete MCom with good marks. There is no other shortcuts are available to become a Lecturer. You can also do a PhD after completion of MCom to become a Lecturer. Candidates with a PhD (regular mode) qualification can join as a Lecturer without NET or SET qualification. It is necessary for others to pass NET or SET examination to become a Lecturer. These are the options available for the BCom completed students to become a lecturer.
26th November 2017, 05:05 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a Lecturer, you are required to follow certain instructions. As you are willing to go for Lectureship, you are required to appear in NET (National Eligibility Test).

>> To be eligible for appearing in NET Examination, the minimum educational qualification required is "Post Graduation" or Master's degree from a recognized university.

>> You have completed Bachelor Degree with which you may not appear in NET Examination.

>> So, I suggest you to pursue Post Graduation after completion of B.Com course. So that, you will be eligible for sitting in NET Examination and hence you will be selected for the post of Lecturer through NET Examination.

>> Make sure you have passed Master's Degree with minimum 55% marks to be eligible.

Click here for More Details
26th November 2017, 08:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For lectureship in commerce field, you must have M.Com degree. Hence, you need to clear M.Com degree with 55% marks and then clear UGC NET in the given subject.

Most of the reputed universities prefer NET qualified candidates only for lecturer job. Hence, you should follow this step.
26th November 2017, 09:33 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

As you have mentioned that you want to become a lecturer, so after completing B.Com degree you have to opt for master's degree in commerce. You have to qualify the M.Com degree with minimum 55% to 60% marks from a recognized university.

Now with the above qualification you can apply for National Eligibility Test/State Eligibility Test. After qualifying the examination you will be appointed as a lecturer and there is no age limit for that.
26th November 2017, 10:21 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

As you have done B.Com and want to be a lecturer in future through NET (National Eligibility Test), then you must have to go for M.Com degree because to apply for NET exam minimum qualification required to apply is post graduate degree or equivalent qualification from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks obtained.

So after having M.Com you are eligible to apply for NET exam which is conducted to check eligibility of Indian national’s candidates for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) and senior lectureship. Here below are details regarding NET exam:-

- Minimum qualification required to apply for NET exam is master degree or equivalent qualification from recognized institute with minimum 55% marks, relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST/OBC category candidates as per government rules.

- Age limit to apply for JRF is 28 years, relaxation of 3 years in age limit for OBC category candidates, relaxation of 5 years in age limit for SC/ST category candidates.

- There is no any age limit to apply for senior lectureship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?