16th November 2010, 08:15 PM
rahul0191

What is the difference between Aim and Mission?

From childhood till now our parents and relatives asking us what is your aim.But why they are asking for aim not for our mission.For future why they want job from us not inventions in some field.My question is that what is the difference between AIM and mission?And for what from these two we have to work?
with regards:
Rahul

16th November 2010, 09:49 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: What is the difference between Aim and Mission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul0191 View Post
From childhood till now our parents and relatives asking us what is your aim.But why they are asking for aim not for our mission.For future why they want job from us not inventions in some field.My question is that what is the difference between AIM and mission?And for what from these two we have to work?
with regards:
Rahul
its a nice question and i am very happy to answer this, i think aim is what we desire and mission is what we have to acquire by forcibly or under some pressure, the mission is end with completion ,
but the aim is endless ,
thats why you aim for the best but elders or others don't say your mission is to get best thing.
saying the second line is quite weird,
16th November 2010, 10:12 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What is the difference between Aim and Mission?

Quote:
with regards:
Rahul
AIM and mission.

AIM= if some has intention to crack IIT jee is the aim of that person

MISSION=preparing for IIT jee is the long procedure & it is the mission in which a person has to complete it,

so On completing the mission, your aim will be in your hands
16th November 2010, 10:39 PM
ashish121

Default Re: What is the difference between Aim and Mission?

to get the scholarship in event is the AIM
and to help the people in the forum by giving the right direction is a MISSION
16th November 2010, 10:55 PM
sriram6790

Quote:
with regards:
Rahul
aim is an objective or end result. mission is a medium term planning. mission work for top level management and aim works for lower level management.
17th November 2010, 12:08 AM
deepakdk11

when you fixed something for you its called aim
and when you fixed something for so many people it is called mission
17th November 2010, 08:10 AM
Sanjiv sharma

Dear Rahul
I appreciate your thinking and motive. As of your question regarding AIM & MISSION, I intends to say that both these words are having there own importance and virtue. Aim is ones intention and imagination but mission means determination and planning of winning and conquering any destination with courage ame strong will power. One can prepare an aim for different things but mission is a unique & winning strategy. Both these words are necessary and important for the development of humanity. Simply one can have an aim in his tender age or childhood but it becomes mission when one thing that he is becomes capable of doing so with full of enthusiasm and eligibility. ' Conquer the taste, you will conquer yourself'. Have a nice day
Good luck
17th November 2010, 08:15 AM
Sanjiv sharma

Dear Rahul
I appreciate your thinking and motive. As of your question regarding AIM & MISSION, I intends to say that both these words are having there own importance and virtue. Aim is ones intention and imagination but mission means determination and planning of winning and conquering any destination with courage ame strong will power. One can prepare an aim for different things but mission is a unique & winning strategy. Both these words are necessary and important for the development of humanity. Simply one can have an aim in his tender age or childhood but it becomes mission when he becomes capable of doing so with full of enthusiasm and eligibility. ' Conquer the taste, you will conquer yourself'. Have a nice day
Good luck
17th November 2010, 11:53 AM
Satwinderpal Singh Sandhu

Quote:
with regards:
Rahul
aim can be changed bt mission can;t b changed for aim
17th November 2010, 06:57 PM
sharkarthir

Smile Re: What is the difference between Aim and Mission?

Aim means what you want to become in your life what you want to achieve.
and Mission is a plan which you want to achieve and is a war that you want to win over.

Good luck !!!
17th November 2010, 09:13 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

well my dear friend

Almost both aim and mission are used in the same sense.the only little difference is aim will be set up by an individual and mission will be by a company most of the times.

When anyone aks you as what is your aim. You may reply that I want become a doctor. That is your aim. So aim in the sense the ultimate purpose of your life. This is the end point which you are deserving to achieve. Setting a proper goal early in the life where all your strengths will be fully utilized to accomplish the goal and there by working hard and efficiently on your goal to achieve will make your life fruitful.

Mission tells you about the primary purpose why that company has emerged.Some companies mission may be to serve the society in a better manner to earn good reputation while some others may exist to earn as much as possible in the short run.
18th November 2010, 01:10 PM
rahul0191

Question Re: What is the difference between Aim and Mission?

Thanks 4 d response....but but from these two for wat we have to give prefrence first in our life as an INDIA and as a Human.
with regards:
Rahul
20th November 2010, 07:39 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Wink Re: What is the difference between Aim and Mission?

Aim can be only one,but missions can be many.

Missions are just like the tasks we need to complete.

Aim is what we desire for the position were we want to be or see ourselves.
14th May 2011, 11:23 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

MISSION- Mission is where i'm on today and where i will reach in the coming future.

AIM- Aim is time bound and subjective in nature. e.g my aim is to become an engineer. Now becoming an engineer is a time bound thing i.e the degree is of four years (time bound) and a lot of hard work and thorough study is needed (Subjective nature).
15th May 2011, 02:26 PM
outiam barai

there is not actually any difference between aim and mission. u can consider aim as a jar and mission as the cokies in it. u pick up a goal related to ur passion is the aim and working hard to prepair urself to achieve the goal or the aim becomes mission. so dont get confused or even u dont have to. just decide what u want to be and go for it whatever the others do no understand ur passion. u have to belive in urself to belive in ur passion and deciding the aim of urs..........good luck
15th May 2011, 02:51 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Friend,

Aim - Which we select to made our carrer for future and want to get that is aim .(As- Someone want to become an officer).
Mission- Someone complete the given/choosen task to get any post/things(Like-Kargil mission for soldier).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?