21st October 2017, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after Masters in Clinical Psychology between PhD and M.Phil? Career opportunities in both the cases?

Hello sir, I am a girl and have completed Masters in Clinical Psychology and now wanted to do PhD or M.Phil in Clinical psychology. So, please guide me which one I should choose? Career opportunities in both the cases?

Related Questions:
  1. Suggestion of universities for Phd or MPhil in Clinical Psychology with below 60% marks.
  2. What are the perquisites for PhD in Clinical Psychology?
  3. Can I do M.Phil or PhD in Clinical Psychology?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for PhD(Clinical Psychology) if completed Masters in Psychology?
  5. How to do M.Phil in Clinical Psychology? Which are the universities? I have finished my masters in Clinical Psychology
  6. What should I do to be a legal Clinical Psychologist in India? I am a M.A in Psychology with 69%
  7. Should I go for M.Phil in clinical Psychology or Ph.D in Clinical Psychology
  8. Duration of Ph.D in Clinical Psychology program?
  9. Scope of PhD in clinical psychology in India: Salary wise and Job wise? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Eligibility to apply in IHBAS MPhil(Clinical Psychology) Entrance Exam 2018?
  11. Eligibility criteria for doing Masters in Clinical Psychology?
  12. Would it be a good decision to switch to Educational Psychology after Masters in Clinical Psychology? Are there any Clinical Psychology guides in Pune, India?
  13. Exemptions available in IHBAS MPhil(Clinical Psychology) Entrance Exam for SC candidate? -- [New]
  14. Eligibility for M.Sc clinical psychology? Institutes which offers this course to Nursing graduates? M.Sc and M.Phil degrees will made me Clinical Psychologist?
  15. Can I do masters in clinical psychology after completion of BDS course?
  16. What is the syllabus of IHBAS MPhil(Clinical Psychology) Entrance Exam 2018?
  17. Date of entrance exam for M.Phil in Clinical psychology from IHBAS?
  18. Is Karnataka distance education offering MSW, PG course in AP in distance mode?
24th October 2017, 10:04 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What should I do after Masters in Clinical Psychology between PhD and M.Phil? Career opportunities in both the cases?

Let me inform you that in order to PhD or M.Phil course, you must have completed master's degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university and also you must have to appear and qualify NET examination to get admission for the same. M.Phil is nothing but a bridge between Master's degree and PhD course. Since you already have completed masters degree, I would suggest you to go for PhD course instead of M.Phil course. After completion of PhD course you can get opportunity to work in government colleges/universities as a professor whereas after completion of M.Phil course will not get such job in government sector, instead you can work as a lecturer in private institutes/colleges.
After completion of the aforesaid course you can work under various medical organization and can provide psychotherapy, psychological testing, and diagnosis of mental illness, etc.
Also you can work in hospitals, academic institutions, counselling and rehabilitation centers.
25th October 2017, 02:13 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after Masters in Clinical Psychology between PhD and M.Phil? Career opportunities in both the cases?

Since, you have completed your Masters degree in Clinical Psychology, you can opt both M.Phil and Ph.D course in the same.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the M.Phil and Ph.D course.
M.Phil course is a pre-doctorate degree course which is mainly based on research.
Mainly candidates opt for Ph.D course after the completion of M.Phil course.
According to my opinion, you must go for Ph.D course directly after the completion of Masters degree course.

After the completion of Ph.D course you can enroll yourself in different Government Colleges or Universities as a Professor.
You can also work in below mentioned departments:-

Academics Institutions
Hospitals
Medical Organisations
Rehabilitation Centers etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?