12th April 2016, 03:22 AM
Unregistered

What should I do to study PhD in English being a graduate of IGNOU?

Dear Friends,
I have completed my B.A. with 60% from IGNOU. I want to do PhD in English in future. What should be my next step? Kindly help me in this regard.

14th April 2016, 08:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to study PhD in English being a graduate of IGNOU?

You need minimum post graduation with 55% marks to become eligible for Ph.D admission in India. Graduation is not enough to make you eligible for any Ph.D entrance exam.

Hence, complete M.A and then try to clear exams like NET/SET which will help you to get admission in reputed universities through interview.
15th April 2016, 12:54 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Friends,
I have completed my B.A. with 60% from IGNOU. I want to do PhD in English in future. What should be my next step? Kindly help me in this regard.
The aspirant has to study M.A in English after graduation in English. You have to score over 60% marks in M.A English. The eligibility to do PhD in English is that the candidate should have studied M.A in English with 55% marks from a recognised university. There will be an entrance examination and interview before admission to the PhD programme. The research programme is available in many universities in India like;
15th April 2016, 12:58 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Friends,
You have completed B. A course, so you are not eligible for Ph.D course in English. If you have completed a masters degree in English with 55% from a recognized University, then you are eligible for Ph.D in English. You must have valid UGC NET score card.

There are no age criteria.
15th April 2016, 08:42 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue Ph.D in English, you need to have Post Graduation. So, the minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for studying Ph.D in English course is "Master's Degree" from a recognized university. As Ph.D is Doctorate Level course, the minimum eligibility is Post Graduation. But for some subjects, pursuing Master's in Philosophy (M.Phil) is a prerequisite. As you have completed just bachelor Degree, I suggest you to first complete Master's Degree in order to be eligible. After that you may given UGC National Eligibility Test in order to do doctoral program.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?