1st April 2015, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

What should I study in M.Sc to pursue PhD in Life Science being a B.Sc(Botany) candidate?

Hello,
I am Manisha and I am studying B.Sc in Botany.
I want to do PhD in Life Science after my M.Sc.
So please advice me what I must study in M.Sc for doing
this? Please help me. Thank you.

6th April 2015, 11:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study in M.Sc to pursue PhD in Life Science being a B.Sc(Botany) candidate?

You can carry on with your M.Sc Botany if you want to apply for Ph.D in Life Science. You must score at least 55% marks in your Master's degree if you want to become eligible for this examination. There is relaxation for reserved category candidates and they need only 50% marks for appearing in this exam.

You can also go for other courses which are related to life sciences like biotechnology, microbiology, biochemistry etc if you don't want to study M.Sc botany. For getting admission in top Ph.D colleges you have to qualify exams like NET/SLET/JRF/GATE with an excellent score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?