27th September 2015, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do M.Tech if I have skipped one B.Tech paper to clear?

Dear Sir/Mam,

I have recently completed my b.tech . i have skipped one b.tech paper can i do m.tech..or am i not eligible due to skipping my b.tech paper..plz rpl as soon as possible? Can you provide me the information on the same? It would be really helpful for me.

29th September 2015, 10:47 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Tech if I have skipped one B.Tech paper to clear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam,

I have recently completed my b.tech . i have skipped one b.tech paper can i do m.tech..or am i not eligible due to skipping my b.tech paper..plz rpl as soon as possible? Can you provide me the information on the same? It would be really helpful for me.
After completion of backlog papers of B.Tech course, you can apply for M.Tech admission but you should qualify in GATE exam.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
30th September 2015, 09:13 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Tech if I have skipped one B.Tech paper to clear?

No, you can not apply for the Master of Technology if you have skipped one paper of bachelor of technology. Only those candidates who have completed with all subjects clear status can apply for the M.Tech course.

The entrance exam for M.Tech is Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering. For which only candidates who have passed B.Tech or in final year of candidates can apply. If in final year you have any backlog, you need to submit a certificate for back paper.

So, clear your pending backlog then you can apply for the M.Tech and its entrance exam.
30th September 2015, 09:54 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

M.Tech stands for the Master of Technology course. Admission to M.Tech is through the most sought entrance exam called Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering conducted by IIT or IISC. GATE 2016 is conducted by the IISC Bangalore.

Eligibility criteria:

~~Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from recognized university with no pending backlogs or arrears.

~~Those with master's degree in science, computer applications can also apply for the exam.

So, you can not get admission in M.Tech if you have skipped one bachelor of technology paper, you must clear that paper in order to appear for the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?