11th November 2016, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for M.Tech after B.Tech with 87% marks?

Sir, I got 92% in 10th, 94% in Inter and 87% in B.Tech. My problem is that I have completed my intermediate in May 2012, because I was absent in one exam due to health conditions and I wrote supplementary examination rather not in regular in March 2012. Now am I eligible for M.Tech?

11th November 2016, 08:48 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech after B.Tech with 87% marks?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission for pursuing M.Tech course after completion of your B.Tech course with an aggregate of 87% marks from a recognised university. To get admission in M.Tech course, you should have to appear in GATE or PGCET examinations and qualify the examination and secure good rank in the entrance examination. By participating in the counselling process, according to your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in first year of M.Tech course.
11th November 2016, 09:03 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

M.Tech stands for Master of Technology. Admission in Master of Technology is done on basis of Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering scorecard. After securing 87% marks in Bachelor of Technology, you are eligible for GATE examination.

Eligibility for GATE examination:

1. You must have done bachelor of technology or engineering from a recognized institute. Those who have done master's degree in science or technology can also apply for exam.

2. GATE exam is of 100 marks and is computer based test. You can get admission in top colleges like IIT, NIT etc GATE qualified candidates also get stipend to pursue Master of technology.
11th November 2016, 09:17 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

12th marks doesn't consider for admission in M.TECH. For M.TECH your B.TECH marks and GATE score will be counted. So don't worry and prepare well for your GATE exam. Thanks
11th November 2016, 11:10 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Whether you are eligible to pursue M.Tech or not basically depends up on the marks and rank secured secured in entrance examination. You are required to appear in GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) Entrance Examination. You will be getting seat in M.Tech based on the rank you secure in Entrance Exam. There are some colleges that offer this course based on central or state wise entrance exam score.
12th November 2016, 12:42 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I got 92% in 10th, 94% in Inter and 87% in B.Tech. My problem is that I have completed my intermediate in May 2012, because I was absent in one exam due to health conditions and I wrote supplementary examination rather not in regular in March 2012. Now am I eligible for M.Tech?
Yes, of course you are eligible for M.Tech after B.Tech with 87% of marks. However, you need to appear and qualify in the GATE entrance to get admission to M.Tech. The admission will be based on the marks scored in the GATE entrance examination.
12th November 2016, 01:27 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You have completed B.Tech course so you are eligible for M.Tech course. But you should qualify in GATE entrance exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department from a recognized University then are eligible for GATE exam.
12th November 2016, 01:25 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

As, you have completed your B.tech course you will be eligible to get admission in M.Tech course.

The course is of two year duration and the candidates can appear and qualify in GATE entrance examination for admission in course.

The candidates passed B.Tech degree are eligible to appear for entrance examination. Candidate need to have minimum passing marks to appear for examination.

There is no limitations on number of to appear for entrance examination.
12th November 2016, 07:45 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to apply for M.Tech degree after completion of your B.Tech with 87% marks, there is no issue in it.

You will however have to appear for GATE examination and after clearing it, you will be most eligible to get into M.Tech degree to continue your studies further from a recognized university. You will get admission in top universities only if you score well in your GATE examination.
13th November 2016, 03:50 PM
alokpati1987

Quote:
Dear,

You have secured good percentage of marks in your intermediate as well as in BTech. It is realy a good thing to peruse MTech after your BTech. Passing in the supplementary exam is not a problem to peruse the Mtech. Only you need to secure a good rank in the GATE exam. Prepare for the GATE and after securing a good rank you can participate in the counselling process and get an admission for MTech.Basing upon your rank on GATE , you can get admission at the IITS/NITS/ NISER / IIIT and other premier institutes.

Thanks.
13th October 2017, 01:25 PM
kunalroy89

Your 12th marks,12th passing year,passing gap nothing will be ever checked for admission to M.Tech. You need to apply for GATE for taking admission in M.Tech. Direct admission options are also available but mostly not good.
If you need good colleges and scholarship too,go for GATE. High score in GATE will help you in getting into top IITs,NITs and other good institutes.
13th November 2017, 08:12 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

As you are a b.tech graduate so , you are eligible to apply for M.tech.
For getting admission in m.tech you have to crack GATE Entrance exam.

You will get admission according to your scores in GATE.
You can also apply for private universities entrance exams to get admission in private colleges.
14th November 2017, 08:33 AM
Onlyforme

Of course, you are eligible to get admission in M.Tech because you are a student of B.Tech.
To get admission you will have to crack GATE ( Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering). You can get admission according to your scores in GATE examination. There are private institutes also organise M.Tech. So you can also apply for private institutes also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?