25th October 2016, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for pursuing B.Ed after completing B.Sc?

Hello Sir, I have completed my graduation B.Sc (Biotechnology, Microbiology, Chemistry) and now I want to pursue B.Ed. I want to know that Am I eligible for pursuing B.Ed after completing B.Sc? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
28th October 2016, 09:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for pursuing B.Ed after completing B.Sc?

If you have completed your B.Sc degree with 50% marks from a recognized university, then surely you can apply for B.Ed admission. Just apply for entrance exam, when there is a notification.

Admission will be based on the performance in entrance exam conducted by the concerned university.
29th October 2016, 09:22 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I have completed my graduation B.Sc (Biotechnology, Microbiology, Chemistry) and now I want to pursue B.Ed. I want to know that Am I eligible for pursuing B.Ed after completing B.Sc? Please answer as soon as possible.
Yes, you are eligible for B.Sc course but your graduation degree marks must be above 50%. Your university must be recognized.

There are no age criteria.
29th October 2016, 10:11 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education.

*To pursue Bachelor of Education, you must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

*Your percentage of marks in bachelor's degree should be at least 50%. Those belonging to SC/ST should have at least 45% marks in bachelor's degree.

Your percentage of marks must meet minimum threshold as mentioned above then only you will be eligible to pursue Bachelor of Education.
30th October 2016, 03:18 PM
pruthvi12dba

Yes you are eligible for pursuing B.Ed . For that minimum 50% is required in your B.Sc. graduation.

Fees Structure: Fees for B.ED will be around Rs.8000 per year along with Admission fees in govt. colleges.And exam fee.

List of Universities for B.ed

*UNIVERSITY OF DELHI - [DU], NEW DELHI
*JAMIA MILLIA ISLAMIA UNIVERSITY-[JMI], NEW DELHI
*MAHATMA GANDHI UNIVERSITY - [MGU], KOTTAYAM
* UNIVERSITY OF CALICUT, CALICUT

And also you can refer this link for best colleges.
http://collegedunia.com/bed-colleges
31st October 2016, 01:18 PM
Sam James

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for pursuing B.Ed after completing B.Sc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for B.Ed degree. You should complete the graduation with at least 50% mark as well as you need to clear the prescribed entrance exam to the selected colleges. Private colleges usually take in students with an interview. Before pursuing B.Ed you should be certain about your passion for teaching. There is masters available for this course namely M.Ed. whichyou can pursue once after completion on B.Ed.
29th April 2019, 09:22 PM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

Students must have done BA (Bachelor of Arts), B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce), B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) or any other graduation level degree from any recognized university or college. Students should have obtained at least 50% marks in graduation level. You can also join B.Ed degree after pursuing a master's degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?