4th December 2015, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET exam after completing B.Com and pursuing MA with same subjects?

I have done Bcom now pursuing MA, Do I have to face any problem in Appearing and competing Net? Will I be eligible to become teacher or professor in higher education as I have also completed my B.ed.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for NET exam after completing MBA in finance? What are the subjects for the exam?
  2. Net Set exam eligibility? which subject I should choose if I have done Bcom and MBA -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Am I eligible for NET exam after completing B.Com with 59.86%
  4. Am I eligible to appear for NET after pursuing MBA in healthcare management through distance learning
  5. Direct T.Y.Bcom after completing my H.S.C. 2 years before
  6. Is there a minimum pass percentage for degree to appear for NET exam? Am I eligible to appear for NET after completing B.Com in 4 years with 49% and then MBA in 2 years with 68%?
  7. Am I eligible for UGC NET Exam having secured 60% in B.Com, 72% in PGDCA and with a CGPA of 6.13 in MBA with Finance?
  8. Am I eligible to sit for NET exam? I am pursuing french language from common european framework
  9. Can I become Teacher through UGC-NET? Details, procedure and subjects available to apply for UGC-NET? Is NET and SET are same?
  10. Am I eligible for NET exam after pursuing masters in banking and insurance
  11. Is it possible to apply directly for TYB.Com after completing HSc 2 years
  12. Am I eligible for CSIR UGC NET after completing B.Pharm course?
  13. Am I eligible to appear for NET exam after completing MSc Physics? How to prepare for NET exam?
  14. Can a candidate pursuing from IGNOU or PTU be eligible for NET Exam?
  15. How to do MBA part time after pursuing B.Com exam?
  16. How to do MBA part time? I am pursuing B.Com exam
  17. Am I eligible to do CS after pursuing MBA in distance MBA field?
  18. Am I eligible for UGC NET exam after pursuing PG in MIH from Gorakhpur University?
5th December 2015, 11:44 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after completing B.Com and pursuing MA with same subjects?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in NET examination after completing master degree from recognised university.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and it conducted for recruitment of candidate as Lecturer or JRF. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed master degree from recognised university with 55%.
Candidate age must be less than 28 years for JRF and no limitation for Lecturer.

So, NET examination is best option for you if you desire to become a lecturer. But you are eligible to appear for CTET examination to become teacher. For more information about examination visit at http://www.ugc.ac.in.
5th December 2015, 01:21 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after completing B.Com and pursuing MA with same subjects?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. University Grants Commission conducts entrance exam twice every year for Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship.

Eligibility criteria:

>>Master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university is minimum academic qualification required for this exam.

At least, you should have 55%marks in master's degree for NET exam.

You can apply for NET exam in final year of master's degree in arts. Once you clear the NET exam, if there is vacancy, you will be called for interview. After clearing interview, you can become Lecturer in government college.

The upper age limit for JRF is 28 years and no upper age limit for Lectureship.
5th December 2015, 04:58 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after completing your MA course you are eligible to appear for NET examination.

NET examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as Lecturer and Junior Research Fellowship. The entrance examination is conducted twice every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-
* Candidate must have completed their master's degree with at least 55% aggregate.
* Candidate age must be less than 28 year if appearing for JRF and relaxation for reserved category.

For more information about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in. But you are eligible to appear for CTET and TET examination to get recruitment as Teacher in schools.
5th December 2015, 09:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done Bcom now pursuing MA, Do I have to face any problem in Appearing and competing Net? Will I be eligible to become teacher or professor in higher education as I have also completed my B.ed.
You can apply for UGC NET exam on your masters degree subject. If you have completed M.A in Hindi then you are eligible for UGC NET exam.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
5th December 2015, 11:56 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Being a Master Degree holder you are eligible to apply for UGC NET entrance exam. However, you are required to score not less than 55% of marks in Master Degree to eligible for UGC. Those who fail to score 55% of marks in Master Degree such candidates are not eligible for NET entrance exam. So, It is fully based on your Master Degree course whether you are eligible or not.
15th October 2017, 03:02 PM
kunalroy89

No problem with change of stream or even change of subject for NET exam. The problem arises when you apply for job of lecturer. There many universities asks for candidates with graduation and poat graduation from same subject. Stream doesn't matters.
7th June 2018, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.A in Economics And M.A in English...Am I eligible for Net exam in English? Do universities ask for the same subjects for both B.A and M.A?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?