16th May 2012, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IMA, OTA and AFA after completing my 4th semester? I am pursuing BCA

hello sir, i m pursuing bca .i want know that m i elegible for ima,ota nd afa after compltng my 4th semester??plz reply

18th May 2012, 01:58 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IMA, OTA and AFA after completing my 4th semester? I am pursuing BCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir, i m pursuing bca .i want know that m i elegible for ima,ota nd afa after compltng my 4th semester??plz reply
To apply for this examination , you should have a completed graduate degree or appearing final year of degree course can apply for this examination . pre-final year of degree may not eligible to apply .

You can join these examination through CDS examination . CDS Stands for Combined Defence Academy Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission .

You can join any of the following Defence Service by Cracking CDS examination :-
  • Indian Military Academy (IMA)
  • Naval Academy (NA)
  • Air force Academy (AFA)
  • Officer Training Academy (OTA)

Military Academy :-

~~You should have a completed graduate degree with any desire subject .

~~Age should be between 19 years and 24 years .

Naval Academy :-

~~You should have a completed B.Sc degree with Physics and Mathematics or Engineering degree .

~~Age should be between 19 years and 22 years .

Air force Academy :-

~~You should have a completed graduate degree with any desire subject and have a Physics and Mathematics at 12th level or Engineering degree .

~~Age should be between 19 years and 23 years .

Officer Training Academy :-

~~You should have a completed graduate degree with any desire subject .

~~Age should be between 19 years and 25 years .

Exam Pattern :-

Height / Weight Standards :-

More details , Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
18th May 2012, 06:25 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IMA, OTA and AFA after completing my 4th semester? I am pursuing BCA

You are pursing BCA(Bachelor of Computer Application), so in the final year or copletion of the Graduation Degree you can apply for IMA/OTA/IFA through CDS entrance exam.

CDS - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical and Mental health.

AGE & ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION FOR:-

IMA - Male candidate having Graduation Degree in any stream within the age of 19 to 24 years

INA - Male candidate having Graduation Degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics within the age of 19 to 23 years.

IAFA - Male candidate having Graduation Degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics within the age of 19 to 22 years.

OTA - Both Male and Female candidate having Graduation Degree in any discipline within the age of 19 to 25 years.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th May 2012, 12:19 PM
romi_bal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are pursing BCA(Bachelor of Computer Application), so in the final year or copletion of the Graduation Degree you can apply for IMA/OTA/IFA through CDS entrance exam.

CDS - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical and Mental health.

AGE & ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION FOR:-

IMA - Male candidate having Graduation Degree in any stream within the age of 19 to 24 years

INA - Male candidate having Graduation Degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics within the age of 19 to 23 years.

IAFA - Male candidate having Graduation Degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics within the age of 19 to 22 years.

OTA - Both Male and Female candidate having Graduation Degree in any discipline within the age of 19 to 25 years.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
26th May 2012, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

Sir Please Tell me that am i elagible to sit in IMA exam after taking computer science in B.sc.
thanking you.
Utkarsh Bajpai
18th August 2015, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

sir please tell me that am i eligible to afa exam after 12th pcm and graduation bca
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?