10th March 2018, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study M.Ed(Special Education) after completing B.A. in Education?

Friends, I am studying B.A. in Education course. I want to study M.Ed Special Education after this course. So, M.Ed is possible after my graduation? Or I have to pursue again graduation in Education i.e.; B.Ed?

21st April 2018, 12:40 AM
Careeradviser
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to study M.Ed(Special Education) after completing B.A. in Education?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friends, I am studying B.A. in Education course. I want to study M.Ed Special Education after this course. So, M.Ed is possible after my graduation? Or I have to pursue again graduation in Education i.e.; B.Ed?
Sorry to say that you are not eligible for M.Ed course after completing BA in Education. You need to complete B.Ed in concerned specialization to eligible for M.Ed course. Being a BA in Education student you are eligible to apply for B.Ed course. The candidate must score at least 50% of marks in Graduation to be eligible for M.Ed course.
21st April 2018, 11:09 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study M.Ed(Special Education) after completing B.A. in Education?

There is an of course need of pursuing B.Ed course in order to pursue this M.Ed in Special Education Course. Yes, basically there is a certain educational qualification that is required in order to pursue this M.Ed in Special Education course.

>> Candidates must have completed their B.Ed Special Education or B.Ed General from a recognized university.

>> Candidates who are done with their B.Ed in Special Education are not at all eligible to pursue this M.Ed Special Education course.

>> You must have secured minimum 50% marks in the qualifying examination.

>> Hence, I can say that it is not possible for you to do this M.Ed in Special Education course if you are not done with B.Ed in Special Education or B.Ed in equivalent stream. Duration of this M.Ed in Special Education course generally lasts about 1-2 years depends on the concerned college.
21st April 2018, 09:00 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to study M.Ed in Special Education after the completion of B.Ed in Education, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their B.Ed course in the relevant field from a recognized University with scoring above 50% of marks in it can apply for the M.Ed course in the same.
22nd April 2018, 10:33 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have completed their bachelor of education degree with minimum 50% marks from a recognized institute are eligible for M.Ed(Special Education) course. Candidates who have completed their bachelor's degree in elementary education or bachelor's degree in education are also eligible for the course. Some colleges offer admission on the basis of entrance examination and some on the basis of merit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?