10th March 2018, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study M.Sc(Mathematics) in Aligarh Muslim University?

Sir, I want to do Post Graduation from Aligarh Muslim University. I have taken admission in Delhi University for B.Sc Mathematics. So, I want to know that I have to give any entrance exam for admission in M.Sc course in AMU?

Related Questions:
  1. Cutoff rank required in entrance exam to get BTech admission in Aligarh Muslim University? -- [New]
  2. Important dates of Aligarh Muslim University B.Sc(Honours) entrance exam?
  3. How can I prepare to crack M.Sc(Chemistry) entrance exam conducted by Aligarh Muslim University?
  4. Detailed information about the entrance exam to study B.Ed in Aligarh Muslim University?
  5. Is there any entrance exam available to study M.A.(Persian) in Aligarh Muslim University?
  6. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study M.Sc(Mathematics) in Aligarh Muslim University?
  7. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study M.Sc(Mathematics) in Aligarh Muslim University?
  8. Cutoff marks required in AMUEEE to get admission in Aligarh Muslim University?
  9. What is the syllabus for class 11th entrance exam of Aligarh Muslim University? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Should I have to appear in entrance exam to study B.Sc in Aligarh Muslim University? Specializations available to study?
  11. Download Chemistry solved question papers of previous years for Aligarh Muslim University M.Sc entrance exam
  12. Eligibility to appear in AMUEEE for Diploma holder?
  13. How can I get admission in 11th standard of Aligarh Muslim University being a 10th ICSE candidate?
  14. Procedure to get admission in B.Com at AMU?
  15. Syllabus and previous year solved papers for class 11th entrance exam of Aligarh Muslim University
  16. When M.Com entrance exam is conducted by Aligarh Muslim University? Procedure to apply?
  17. How to prepare for IIT JEE entrance exam in 10 months?
  18. Detailed information about Aligarh Muslim University MCA entrance exam?
21st April 2018, 09:42 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study M.Sc(Mathematics) in Aligarh Muslim University?

Yes, you are required to appear in M.Sc Entrance Examination that is conducted by Aligarh Muslim University (AMU). This examination is going to be conducted in the month of May, 2018.

Aligarh Muslim University offers several discipline in Master of Science and they are,
* M.Sc Physics
* M.SC Mathematics
* M.Sc Geography
* M.Sc Applied Geology
* M.Sc Statistics
* M.Sc Operations Research
* M.Sc Industrial Chemistry
* M.Sc Chemistry

The basic educational qualification required to pursue this M.Sc in Mathematics course is "Graduation or Bachelor's Degree" from a recognized university in concerned stream. As you are with B.Sc in Mathematics background, I can surely say that you are eligible to apply for this entrance examination after completion of your Bachelor's Degree.

<> Last date for receipt of M.Sc Entrance Exam Application Form - April, 2018
<> AMU PG Entrance Exam - May 2018
<> Declaration of result - June 2018

Click here for Official Website
21st April 2018, 04:45 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study M.Sc(Mathematics) in Aligarh Muslim University?

Yes, definitely you must have to appear and qualify in the AMU entrance examination to pursue M.Sc in Mathematics as AMU conducts their own entrance test for the admission to Masters degree course.
Candidates those who have completed their B.Sc in Mathematics from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the M.Sc course at AMU and also eligible for entrance test of AMU.
22nd April 2018, 10:23 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

M.Sc Mathematics is a 2 years course and can be done after completing bachelor's degree in mathematics with minimum 50% marks from a recognized college/university.

In order to get admission for this course in Aligarh Muslim University, you have to appear for a written examination conducted by the authorities itself. After qualifying the examination only, you will get a seat for the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?