26th March 2016, 02:28 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in CAT, MAT and CMAT with 49.4% marks in Graduation?

Hello Everyone,
I have secured 49.4% marks in my Graduation. Can I appear in CAT, MAT and CMAT? Please answer to me asap.

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do next after completion of M.Tech Electrical Power systems? What are the different courses available for doing in MBA?
  2. Am I eligible for CMAT 2016? Can't I get admission in BGSBU University without CMAT?
  3. How to study PGDHM without clearing MAT/CMAT/CAT?
  4. In which entrance exam should I appear among CMAT, CAT and MAT to study MBA?
  5. Requirements for admission and fee structure of MBA and M.Tech in LPU?
  6. Should I have to appear in CAT, MAT and CMAT to apply for PGDM programme if completed B.Com and pursuing CIMA programme?
  7. List of topics which were given for GD in selection process in IIHMR Jaipur,Delhi and Bangalore?
  8. What are the benefits I will get if applied for CMAT, CAT and MAT as a PD candidate to study MBA?
  9. Can I get admission in IIHMR for PGDHM course if perform well in GD & PI having secured 72 percentile in CAT?
  10. How much percentage is required in MBA admission? Can I apply for MBA course -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can i appear for CMAT with 46% marks in B.Com and being a Physically handicapped?
  12. Can I apply for MBA in Banking? I am pursuing 3rd year BHM
  13. Where can I join for MBA after passing B.Com with 48%?
  14. Where can I fill the MBA entrance exam form? I am a 3rd year student
  15. Can I take up MBA in correspondence after diploma in mechanical
  16. Is it possible to do MBA after PG Diploma?
  17. Can I pursue an MBA after I finish my diploma?
  18. Required Percentage of marks in all the academic levels to be eligible for CAT and MAT Exams? Required score in the Entrance Exams to get admission in a top college?
27th March 2016, 06:27 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in CAT, MAT and CMAT with 49.4% marks in Graduation?

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in CAT, MAT and CMAT Examinations:

Whether you are eligible or not basically depends upon your caste category. Yes, if you belong to any reserved category then only you are eligible to appear in above mentioned examinations. On the other hand, if you are from Unreserved category then I am really sorry to say that you are not eligible.

>>> For Reserved Category Candidates - 45% marks in Graduation required for appearing in CAT, CMAT and MAT Entrance Exams

>>> For Unreserved Category Candidates - 50% marks in Graduation required for appearing in CAT, CMAT and MAT Entrance Exams
27th March 2016, 09:10 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to appear for examination to get admission in MBA course. MBA stands for Master of Business Application.

The eligibility to appear for these examination is candidate must have passed minimum graduation degree with atleast 50% in any discipline. There is no age limit to appear for examination. So, you cannot appear for examination with 49.4%.

CAT examination is conducted by IIM every year. CMAT conducted by AICTE twice every year whereas MAT four times in a year.
28th March 2016, 12:37 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
I have secured 49.4% marks in my Graduation. Can I appear in CAT, MAT and CMAT? Please answer to me asap.
Your graduation marks is below 50% so you are eligible for MAT entrance exam.

MAT Stands for Management Aptitude Test.

Those who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for MAT exam. There are no percentage criteria for MAT exam. Final year students can apply for MAT exam.

Best books for MAT exam :-

MAT- Management Aptitude Test
Author: By Student Aid Publication
Publisher: Student Aid Publications

A Complete Manual for Management Aptitude Test
Author: J. K. Chopra
Publisher: Unique Publishers

MAT Management Aptitude Test: Previous Years' Papers Up-To-Date (Solved) 1st Edition
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

MAT: Management Aptitude Test 8th Edition
Author: R.P. Verma
Publisher: Asian Books
28th March 2016, 04:28 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Any canidate belonging to general category should have obtained a minimum of 50% in aggregate in his/her graduation in order to be eligible to appear for the above mentioned entrance examnation.

However 5% relaxation is provided to SC/ST students and 3% for OBC category candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?