21st March 2015, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in gATE if have less than 60% in HSC?

I have done B.E. INSTRUMENTATION from mumbai university..i am interested in giving GATE exam.but i dont have 60% in HSC..I have 57% .so can i give GATE?

23rd March 2015, 01:52 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in gATE if have less than 60% in HSC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done B.E. INSTRUMENTATION from mumbai university..i am interested in giving GATE exam.but i dont have 60% in HSC..I have 57% .so can i give GATE?
Yes, you are eligible for GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then you are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam. You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
23rd March 2015, 08:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in GATE examination even if you had secured less than 60% marks in HSC. Candidates who had completed Graduation or who are pursuing final year of Graduation degree course are eligible to appear in GATE examination. Since, you had already completed B.E Instrumentation Engineering from Mumbai University, you are eligible to appear in GATE examination irrespective of your 12th standard board examination marks.
5th April 2015, 07:08 PM
kunalroy89

Actually there is no age limit or marks limit for GATE exam.Only you must have passed or appearing in Final examination of B.Tech/BE/equivalent.
It is the PSUs recruiting through GATE and the Institutes offering M.Tech/ME which sets age limits,qualification minimum marks limit etc as per their needs.
But not in the govt PSUs or even in the IITs,NITs,Govt colleges or other institutions offering M.Tech, none of them asks about HS marks.
HS marks are usually asked for in IT companies and few other private companies related to core branches.
But through GATE if you are going for M.tech or for jobs in PSUs,your HS marks will not be required.
6th April 2015, 07:09 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

GATE is actually Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.The candidates who are eligible to sit in GATE exam are following:-
- Student having Bachelor degree in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2).The final year appearing students of these courses can also apply.
-Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications.

The marks secured in Senior Secondary Level exam doesn't matter to sit for GATE exam.
So, you are eligible to sit for the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?