23rd March 2015, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Is it beneficial to apply for GATE if pursuing B.Tech(IT)?

Hello
Can anyone tell me is qualifying GATE beneficial for an IT student?
What benefit I will get as I am doing B.Tech in IT?
Somebody please tell me about this.
Thank you in advance.

Related Questions:
  1. In which college of Tamil Nadu I will get admission if secured 31384 AIR in GATE(ECE) being an OBC student? In which company I can apply for job with GATE score?
  2. In which subject I should apply for GATE if pursuing Chemical Engineering but want to study M.Tech in Petroleum Engineering?
  3. Is PG program in Corporate Law good while pursuing CS course? How much beneficial is it?
  4. Which course is beneficial for my career between ICWA, CS and CFA? I am pursuing MBA
  5. How to appear for GATE while pursuing B.Tech EEE
  6. How to get a job in PSU sector? I am pursuing engineering
  7. NITs with GATE score of 435 and pursuing M.Sc(biotechnology)?
  8. How GATE is beneficial to Engineers? Procedure to get scholarship for GATE qualified candidates?
  9. Can I apply for PhD course under Result Awaited category in IIT-Roorkee if secured 91.15 percentile in GATE(Biotechnology) and pursuing last semester of M.Sc(Biotechnology)?
  10. Is it beneficial to take coaching class for GATE?
  11. Can I apply for a job in PSU after pursuing B.E degree in automobile engineering through GATE
  12. Whether pursuing SAP is beneficial after D.Pharma and B.A.? Best courses other than B.Pharma?
  13. How to apply for MBA after graduating in BSc Electronics? Where can I apply?
  14. How to study for Civil BTech after passing B.Com
  15. Which are the institutes offering Ph.D? Am I eligible to apply for NIT? I am pursuing MSc Biotechnology
  16. Can I join M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after failing in 2nd year of mechanical engineering
  17. Which course is better for me between MBA and MCA after completion of BCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. B.Com or B.A.(Economics) what should I study after completing 12th Science if interested in Economics?
28th March 2015, 09:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it beneficial to apply for GATE if pursuing B.Tech(IT)?

Yes, applying for and appearing in GATE examination is beneficial for you in many ways being a B.Tech (IT) student. By qualifying GATE examination, you can get admission in Master's degree courses lie M.Tech, M.E, etc. if you are interested to pursue higher studies. Most of the Public Sector companies also recruit candidates who had qualified GATE examination. So, it is beneficial for you to appear in GATE examination being a B.Tech (IT) student.
31st March 2015, 12:12 AM
bichapoda

GATE helps you in getting in to M.Tech after your B.Tech so you will have a very good career ahead if you d M.Tech after your B.Tech.

So if your are interested in doing M.Tech then GATE is the Best option.

Basically every one will make an attempt in GATE exam if they get good rank then they will go for M.Tech and if they don't get then they will get in to the job they get after there B.Tech.

As Per present Situation in India its better to go for M.Tech as there are less jobs for B.Tech students but to heavy competition.

So think twice before taking any decision and once you take a decision try to fix to rather than changing according to situation.
31st March 2015, 10:40 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering.It is very essential to seat for the examination as the students willing to take higher studies M.tech from various IIT and NIT in India.This will also help you in getting jobs in PSU.

The examination is conducted by IIT Kanpur .GATE scores are valid upto three years.

The eligibility criteria is final year B.Tech students or students who have passed their graduation from recognised university can apply for it.

There is no limitations on number of attempts .The questions are related to your stream topics ,General knowledge,Reasoning Ability .There is negative marking also on each wrong answer.The examination is online mode only.

So ,I think you must give the examination if you want to go for higher studies .It will also help you in getting jobs also.
1st April 2015, 09:08 AM
s m samy
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
Can anyone tell me is qualifying GATE beneficial for an IT student?
What benefit I will get as I am doing B.Tech in IT?
Somebody please tell me about this.
Thank you in advance.
Yes, of course.

This is the right time. Take up coaching for GATE exam.

Following are the merits of writing GATE exam:-

All these Public sector companies recruit Engineer Trainee (ET) based on the GATE scores. Initially they would shortlist candidates based on GATE scores and then the process is followed by GD and Interview for assessment of different facets of knowledge.

You will get great options to set your career at IITs by doing M.Tech or research programmes.

2nd April 2015, 05:21 PM
Ashwakh

Yes , ofcourse it is benificial to apply for Gate exam after your B.tech . If you get Good rank in Gate exam , then you are eligible for many Government jobs in the companies like ,

Bsnl
Bhel
Iocl
Ntpc
Drdo , etc.

Generally , to apply for the post in the above mentioned companies , the candidates shouldhave secured morethan 65% in B.tech . But , for the candidates who have secured Good Gate rank , these companies will not see whether the Ranker got morethan 65% in B.tech . They will look for how much rank you got in Exam . And they will call you for the Interview.

So , you no need appear for the Entrance exam of these companies. You will be directly sit for the Interview round.

So , it is very benifical in many ways.
4th April 2015, 02:49 PM
amanshrivastava98

If you want to pursue the MTech or want to get a promising job in any PSU then you should appear in the GATE examination.

For an admission into MTech, you have to fight the GATE examination, for admission in all the Govt and deemed universities.

The eligibility criteria for GATE is

* The candidate should be at least 21 years at the time of application.

* The candidate should be in the final year or have passed the final year of the qualifying examination as mentioned by the GATE Concil.
6th April 2015, 09:54 PM
kunalroy89

If you are interested in pursuing M.Tech from top IITs then you must go for GATE. Having M.Tech degree in IT sector is invaluable as it saves a lot from the constant chopping and changing of employees by IT companies.

But if you are interested in working directly after B.Tech then GATE will not be beneficial for you.As almost no PSU recruits IT graduates through GATE and private IT firms will not go for GATE results.And instead of 2 years M.Tech,2 years of smart work may lead you to a better position as well in a top notch IT firm.

Appearing for GATE depends on you whether you need to go for work or education after B.Tech
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?