26th August 2014, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in SET exam after MA in English if did not studied English honours?

I am pursuing MA 1st year in English. In the graduation i did not have honours subject but i had English as the elective subject. Please tell me will i be eligible to appear in the SET examination after completing my post graduation. Kindly tell me what is the marks criteria for the SET exam.
elective subject. I

31st August 2014, 03:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in SET exam after MA in English if did not studied English honours?

You can apply for SET if you have any kind of Master's Degree in English from a recognized University. There is no regulation that you must have a honours subject in your Post Graduation. All you need is a Post Graduation degree with 55% marks from a recognized University.

SET is conducted for recruiting lecturers in State Government Universities. If you want to become a lecturer in your state then you have to qualify this exam with good score, then you will be eligible to apply for the job.

You can also try for UGC NET which is a more popular exam and it is an all India based exam. Hence, apply for UGC NET also because it has more seats compared to SET. The competition is tough because it is a national level exam and candidates from all over India participate in it. Eligibility criteria is same and you need to have 55% marks in your Post Graduation.
28th August 2017, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I appear in SET exam after MA in English if did not studied English honours?

I have not honours in graduation but history was my pass subject and I am passed m.a. in history with first class in Rabindra Bharati University....may I apply for net and set exam?
15th December 2018, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

I'm a b.a general student. After graduation can i do m.a in English? I have Elective English in college.. in last year of college i got 55% marks in English.. please tell me the solution.. please.. it's urgent..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?