23rd November 2016, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for both TGT and PGT after UG, PG and M.Phil qualification in chemistry?

I completed UG chemistry, PG and M.Phil Biochemistry. Am I eligible to write both TGT and PGT exam.If it is yes, will I pay two times examination fees (600+600) or one time fee is enough?

23rd November 2016, 11:03 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for both TGT and PGT after UG, PG and M.Phil qualification in chemistry?

Below I have mentioned the eligibility for both, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria for TGT:-

Candidates must have completed their Graduation from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored at least 50% of marks in the Graduation level.
Candidates must have a B.Ed degree with at least 3 years of teaching experience.

Eligibility criteria for PGT:-

Candidates must have completed their Post Graduation from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored at least 50% of marks in Post Graduation.
Candidates must have a B.Ed degree with at least 2 years of experience.
23rd November 2016, 11:34 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for both TGT and PGT after UG, PG and M.Phil qualification in chemistry?

No, other than these qualification you need to have B.Ed degree to appear for TGT or PGT entrance examination.

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education and it is two year duration course which is essential to have to appear for entrance examination for recruitment as teacher.

So, you must have to pursue the course before appearing for entrance examination such as CTET or State Teacher Eligibility Test.
24th November 2016, 12:06 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for entrance examination for recruitment as a TGT or PGT in any government schools.

The minimum required qualification for TGT is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline along with B.Ed from a recognised university.

For PGT the required minimum qualification is master degree in any discipline along with B.Ed degree.

So, you have to take admission in B.Ed and pursue the course to appear for entrance examination for recruitment as teacher.
24th November 2016, 08:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't apply for TGT and PGT posts without any B.Ed qualification. It is the minimum requirement for such posts especially in government schools. You can try for teaching job in private schools without B.Ed but chances are very low of getting a job.

You can apply for only lecturer posts in colleges based on your UG, PG and M.Phil qualification. For teaching in schools you need special training (B.Ed) before getting appointed as a teacher.
24th November 2016, 09:12 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much opt for both PGT and TGT after the qualification you have, there is no such problem in it. Yes, you will have to pay the examination fee twice as in for both the examination as both the examinations are different, so you will have to pay the examination fee for both of them.
1st April 2017, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my masters in english with 64% and b.ed too. I just needed to know can i opt for both pgt and tgt together at the same time in kvs exam?
29th April 2017, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

I have done PG in environmental science and English also completed B.Ed.Can I apply for tgt and pgt
18th August 2018, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

I have done MA and also have B.ed degree. Can I apply for both the post ( PGT and TGT) at the same time in kvs
21st August 2018, 03:02 AM
Unregistered

I am M.Sc ( Chemistry), B.Ed. can I apply for both PGT and TGT in KVS recruitment.
5th November 2020, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for both tgt and pgt at a same time?
9th April 2021, 02:17 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for both TGT and PGT after B.A.,M.A,B.ED and. CTET?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?