9th November 2014, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an Assistant Professor in any college if studying M.Tech in Optoelectronics? What are the opportunities in India?

hi,
i am b.tech in ece. if i pursue m.tech in optoelectronics,
will i be eligible to apply as assistant professor in colleges?
what are other career options within india?
waiting for your reply thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available for M.Tech(Optoelectronics) students? Placement statistics of SGSITS Indore for M.Tech(Optoelectronics)?
  2. Subjects to take in B.Com and specialization in M.Com to be Professor of Advertising?
  3. Eligibility to teach engineering college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor?
  4. Is it necessary to compete NET test to become an Assistant professor in Engineering College or University?
  5. Passing UGC NET is mandatory for being Assistant Professor in any government college?
  6. Age limit for posts of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor?
  7. Qualifications required to be a Professor of engineering college? How to be a Professor?
  8. Assistant Professor qualification issue with the university
  9. Is it valid to go for Assistant Professor Post in any engineering college in Karnataka if I do M.tech in KSOU
  10. What all exams are required to take after pursuing PhD from Abroad for being Professor in a university?
  11. jobs after M.Tech (maths)? Any teaching jobs?
  12. What is the upper age limit for assistant professor post?
  13. Qualification required for being Assistant Professor?
  14. Is MSc, M.Tech eligible for Assistant Professor in Engineering College? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to work as a senior lecturer/assistant professor?
  16. What is the qualification for Assistant Professor post in department of physics of Engineering College
  17. What is the salary of assistant professor
  18. Can I get a seat in M.Phil after working as assistant professor and having 5 years experience?
16th November 2014, 08:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an Assistant Professor in any college if studying M.Tech in Optoelectronics? What are the opportunities in India?

Yes, surely you can apply for Lecturer job in various Engineering colleges after completion of your M.Tech course from a recognized University.

If you have cleared exams like GATE and CSIR NET, then your chances of getting job as a Lecturer will be very high. Private colleges usually don't ask for these score but they will prefer a candidates with NET/GATE score.

If you want to get job in a government college, then you have to clear CSIR NET. For this examination you are eligible as you have got B.Tech degree, just make sure that you have got 60% marks in your B.Tech degree. If you don't have 60% marks in B.Tech, then make sure you score at least 55% marks in your M.Tech degree.

Therefore, concentrate on your studies and try to score decent marks in your M.Tech and be prepared for exams like CSIR NET, if your aim is government college lecturer job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?