3rd October 2015, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

Can i do IAS after securing 40% marks in LLB?

Sir, i have 40% mark in LLB degree. I am from M B C community. So i want to know if i can do IAS or not?

3rd October 2015, 11:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i do IAS after securing 40% marks in LLB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i have 40% mark in LLB degree. I am from M B C community. So i want to know if i can do IAS or not?
Yes, you can do IAS exam because you have completed LLB course.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
4th October 2015, 10:50 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

IAS is the Indian Administrative Services. UPSC conducts Civil Services examination every year for IAS.

The eligibility criteria for this exam is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least passing percentage of marks. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

You can apply for the exam with 40% marks in LLB.

The age limit for the exam is 21-32 years. Reserved category candidates can get upper age relaxation.

Official website: www.upsc.gov.in.
4th October 2015, 06:54 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for IAS after securing 40% marks in LLB as there is no restriction on percentage of marks secured by the candidate in their Graduation degree .

UPSC conducts civil services exam in order to recruit personnel to the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS etc.

The eligibility criteria required for civil services exam are as under:-

-The candidate should be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 32 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process involves

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
4th October 2015, 07:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For IAS exam you need a degree qualification only. There is no percentage criteria for it and you just need pass marks in graduation from a recognized university.

Hence, don't worry about your percentage of marks in LLB and be prepared for the civil services exam which is conducted by UPSC every year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?