15th October 2011, 10:15 PM
priyadarshan1

Can I apply for IAS Exam being a candidate of BA in LLB?

I am a student of BA.LLB can i apply IAS EXAM.
my dream is to become an IAS officer.

16th October 2011, 03:51 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS Exam being a candidate of BA in LLB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadarshan1 View Post
I am a student of BA.LLB can i apply IAS EXAM.
my dream is to become an IAS officer.
Yes, Definitely You are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination to become IAS Officer. This examination was Conducted By UPSC Comission every year and to apply for This examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised University, Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

And You are Pursuing your B.A LLB Course, So when you are Pursuing your Final year course, then you are eligible to apply for Civil services examination, If you are in final year then you may apply for Next year UPSC Civil services examination.

>> To apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduation in any discipline form a recognised university.

>> Your age should between 21 to 30 years.

>> Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for This examination.

>> No minimum percentage is required in graduation to apply for Civil services examination.

>> Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for This examination.

The examination are also Called CSAT Examination, CSAT Stands for Civil services aptitude test, and firstly you have to cracked this examination, only then you are allow to sit for Main examination.

The examination was Conducted in 2 stages - preliminary examination and Main examination.

Those who cracked the Preliminary examination are eligible for Main examination. Preliminary examination consist of 2 Objective type paper, But the main examination was descriptive and for this you have to choose the Optional subject as per the Graduation.

>> So, If you are Pursuing your final year degree course, then please wait for the Notification, The Notification of Next year Examination was Published in the employment Newspaper on 04/Feb/2012.

The last date of apply for CSAT Examination was 05/March/2012 and the Preliminary examination was Going to be held on 20/May/2012.

So, please wait for the Notification, when the Notification was declared, the Online registration was started and you are eligible to fill the CSAT Application form Online, By visit the Official website. So, please do not worry, after graduation you are eligible for Civil services examination to become IAS/IPS Officer and for More details please check the official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
16th October 2011, 06:12 PM
neha bh

YES! you are eligible for IAS exam.

age limit :- 21-30 years as on 1.7.2005.
Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification

No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs

regards
neha bh
16th October 2011, 06:34 PM
aries-rocks

This examination is conducted by UPSC(UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION) every year,
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION-
you must have to possess graduation degree in any stream from a recognized college.

THE AGE LIMIT-

the age limit exist for this civil service exam is 21-30,.
there are 5 & 3 years of age relaxations are applicable for SC\ST & OBC candidates,.i.e. 21-33 years for a OBC candidate
21-35 years for a SC\ST candidates.

NO . OF ATTEMPTS -
4 for a general candidate.
7 for a OBC candidate
no limit for a SC\ST candidate.

this examination has three stages -
1.CSAT
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW.

So, you are eligible for this exam, as you have completed your graduation.

thanks!!!!
16th October 2011, 06:36 PM
aries-rocks

This examination is conducted by UPSC(UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION) every year,
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION-
you must have to possess graduation degree in any stream from a recognized college.

THE AGE LIMIT-

the age limit exist for this civil service exam is 21-30,.
there are 5 & 3 years of age relaxations are applicable for SC\ST & OBC candidates,.i.e. 21-33 years for a OBC candidate
21-35 years for a SC\ST candidates.

NO . OF ATTEMPTS -
4 for a general candidate.
7 for a OBC candidate
no limit for a SC\ST candidate.

this examination has three stages -
1.CSAT
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW.

So, you are eligible for this exam, as you have completed your graduation.

thanks!!!!
16th October 2011, 07:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAM

YES , You are eligible for IAS exam.Details about IAS exam is given below.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

Optional subjects for IAS main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength .

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012
10th May 2012, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

LLB is helpful for IAS exam or not?
11th August 2012, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

Can i apply IAS Exam being a candidate of B.TECH branch Computer science and engg.
30th December 2013, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

HEY!!!I m in class 11 n my dream is to become an successful IAS oingsfficer so should i pursue B.A.LLB course after class 12 along with my IAS coachings.plzz reply me fast...
3rd April 2014, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Actually i have completed my 12 with PCB , and i want to become an ias officer,, Please tell me among B.A &L.L.B which is best suitable for IAS....
5th April 2014, 08:38 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

If your dream is to become a IAS officer, then you can fulfill it by having strong preparation for the selection procedure to become IAS officer.

You don't need to worry about the eligibility criteria. You are eligible to apply for the position of IAS Officer as you have completed your Graduation in BA LLB.

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to become IAS Officer is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream.

The selection process consists of
CSAT Exam
Main Exam
Interview

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation can also apply for the Entrance Exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview.

You should possess the below mentioned age criteria as per your category.

For General category : 21-30 years.
For OBC category : 21-33 years
For SC or ST category : 21-35 years.

Opt for the optional subject in which you are interested and where your knowledge is being fully utilized.

Wish you all the best.
12th February 2016, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

I'm class11 arts student .I'm interested in doing 5year integrated BA LlB after 12th.But after that would i be eligible for appearing in upsc exams or NET exam????????
Plzzzzzz reply and do me favour!!!
11th May 2016, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th and I want to doing llb in coming year. After three years I will complete my graduation ,then I can give exam of ias,being a student of ba.llb. Plzzzz reply me.
19th September 2019, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS after MBA-LLM
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?