31st May 2013, 09:28 PM
pallavi nimbokar

How to become a collector or IAS officer after completing 12th with 70% marks?

i completed my 12 science by securing 70% marks i wanted to becom a collecter or ias officer what should i have to do ?

1st June 2013, 09:37 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a collector or IAS officer after completing 12th with 70% marks?

After completing 12th, one is not eligible for Collector or IAS, the minimumacademic qualification for this is Graduation Degree and there is no percentage of marks criteria in level of Education to apply for the same.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

Hence after 12th one can start preparation for IAS, Civil Service Exam along with regular under Graduate studies and at least one year rigorous preparation is must before sitting for CSAT exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

1st June 2013, 10:47 AM
Beawar

Default Re: How to become a collector or IAS officer after completing 12th with 70% marks?

Dear..

First of all let me congratulate you for getting such a good marks in your class 12th. It seems that you are a awesome student because it is not easy to get such a good percentage in class 12th that too in science. Okay now coming to your question dear then let me tell you that becoming an IAS officer requires lot of knowledge as well as concentration as every year lacs of people go for the exam and only a few get a chance to become an IAS officer and serve the country.

Requirements :-

Candidate must be a graduate
Graduation must be done from a recognized university
Age limit is 21-30 years of age

So as per the requirement you are still way behind for getting the qualification but let me tell you that if you use this time gently then you will surely crack the nut in the first attempt. As i said earlier the IAS exam is not easy to clear so i advice you to do the following things

1. First of all start reading the newspaper daily
2. Try to get in depth knowledge on all important topics
3. Get your basics clear
4. Choose subject wisely and prepare from now only
5. Read more and more about everything
6. Prepare notes
7. Look at the previous paper and see the standard of the exam
8. Improve your communication
9. Prepare for Interview
10. Score good marks in your graduation too

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!

1st June 2013, 04:57 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallavi nimbokar View Post
i completed my 12 science by securing 70% marks i wanted to becom a collecter or ias officer what should i have to do ?
I!
After passing 12th with any stream you are not eligible for Civil Services exa,.

Civil Services exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a yer,

If you want to join Civil Services you have to pass any graduation course from recognized University.

Age limit:-
Age should be in between 21-30 year.
For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 20 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!

1st June 2013, 05:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

12th pass qualification is not enough for IAS examination and you have to study more to become eligible for IAS examination.

So take admission into a good Graduation course from a good college and study properly so that you are well prepared for the IAS exam in future

The minimum qualification for IAS exam is Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.

Age Limit:

General Category - 21 to 30 years

OBC Category -21 to 33 years

SC/ST Category - 21 to 35 years

Selection Procedure:

-Preliminary Examination

-Mains Exam

-Personality Test

So take admission into Graduation and prepare along with the Graduation for IAS examination.

Number of Attempts:

General Category - 4

OBC Category - 7

SC/ST Category - No Limit

How to Apply:

When the notification are out you can apply online by visiting official website http://www.upsconline.nic.in

Application fee can be paid through Bank Challan or Internet Banking.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in

1st June 2013, 06:10 PM
M.PRUDHVI RAJ
Member+

Hai Friend,

The minimum eligibility criteria to write the Civils exam is Degree.

Once you complete your degree,then you are eligible for the IAS exam.

So, First you complete your Degree.

In order to become an IAS officer,first of all you need to crack civil services exam.

UPSC conducts this exam yearly once for the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS etc

Selection procedure for IAS officer:-

1)CSAT(Civil Services Aptitude Test)
2)Main examination
3)Interview

Eligibility criteria:-

1)Candidate should be the citizen of India
2)Age limit is 21-30 years,relaxation will be there for OBC,ST,SC candidates
3)Maximum number of attempts are allowed for general category candidates is 4 times ,for OBCs 7 times and there is no limit for SC,ST candidates
4)Minimum qualification required is graduation,final year candidates are also eligible

->For IPS post candidate should have normal eye sight and physically fit.

Syllabus for CSAT 2013:-

You can get the syllabus for CSAT exam through the given link:-

http://www.csat.testbag.com/exam-analysis.php?tp=1&eid=CSAT&val=CSAT-Syllabus.

So, prepare well.

All the best.

1st June 2013, 06:15 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

To become collector you will have to clear the Civil Services Examination for the Indian Administrative Service. Although you can not appear for this entrance exam right now.

First you must complete graduation from a recognized college. Depending on the subjects in 12th please pick a course. Science stream students generally prefers Bachelor of Technology.

It is a good backup option in case you fail to make the cut for Indian Administrative Service. Engineering degree also gives you an opportunity to appear for the Indian Engineering Service, depending of the branch.

During the final year of graduation you can start preparing for the Civil Services Examination. You can also decide to start preparation after completing graduation but in that case you may have to skip Civil Services Examination for one year since it is generally suggested to prepare for 8 to 10 months for this entrance exam.

IAS Eligibility

1. Nationality: It should be Indian to appear for IAS.

2. Qualification: Graduation is the minimum requirement.

3. Percentage: There is no criteria.

4. Age Limit: Anyone from 21 years to 30 years old can apply.

5. OBC Relaxation: The upper age limit becomes 33 years for OBC.

6. SC/ST Relaxation: 5 years in upper age limit.

7. Physical Requirements: None for the IAS.

Selection Process

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview

1st June 2013, 07:17 PM
M.PRUDHVI RAJ
Member+

Hai Friend,

The minimum eligibility criteria to write the Civils exam is Degree.

Once you complete your degree,then you are eligible for the IAS exam.

So, First you complete your Degree.

In order to become an IAS officer,first of all you need to crack civil services exam.

UPSC conducts this exam yearly once for the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS etc

Selection procedure for IAS officer:-

1)CSAT(Civil Services Aptitude Test)
2)Main examination
3)Interview

Eligibility criteria:-

1)Candidate should be the citizen of India
2)Age limit is 21-30 years,relaxation will be there for OBC,ST,SC candidates
3)Maximum number of attempts are allowed for general category candidates is 4 times ,for OBCs 7 times and there is no limit for SC,ST candidates
4)Minimum qualification required is graduation,final year candidates are also eligible

->For IPS post candidate should have normal eye sight and physically fit.

Syllabus for CSAT 2013:-

You can get the syllabus for CSAT exam through the given link:-

http://www.csat.testbag.com/exam-analysis.php?tp=1&eid=CSAT&val=CSAT-Syllabus.

So, prepare well.

All the best.

4th June 2013, 04:53 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You need to qualify graduation in order to apply for the position of IAS Officer. After obtaining graduation from any of the recognized institute, you must get through UPSC’s selection process. Selection process of UPSC comprises of written test, interview, and medical fitness test. Written test comprise questions on general studies, mental ability, general awareness, and English language. Applications for attending the test can be forwarded through the web portal of UPSC.

5th June 2016, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

How to become a ias offficer aftr completing twealth clsss in fifty three prsntge...

18th November 2018, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

Which group can be chosen by science student in degree to become IAS officer

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?