2nd March 2016, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

Can I do MBA course after completion of M.Tech from IIT?

Hello friends,

I am presently pursuing M.Tech from IIT Kgp.I am placed in a company and I wish to pursue MBA after a job experience of two years.I could not pursue MBA just after B.Tech due to some unavoidable circumstances.Will it be helpful to do it after M.Tech?will i have an added advantage?

2nd March 2016, 08:44 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MBA course after completion of M.Tech from IIT?

Yes, you can very much pursue MBA course after having job experience it will obviously help you to boost up your career as an extra advantage.

You can surely opt for it, and I am sure you will have a great future ahead.
2nd March 2016, 08:47 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Yes, you can surely do MBA course after the completion of your M.Tech from IIT kharagpur after a span of two years of time as there is no age limit for pursuing MBA course. It will help you in your career as you will now be expertized in technical as well as management area. Therefore, I suggest you to opt for the course if you have made up your mind.
2nd March 2016, 11:10 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to pursue MBA course after M.tech degree also if you are interested in pursuing Business Administration.

It is two year course and to pursue course from IIM and other reputed institutes, you have to appear for entrance examination and qualify in it. Some of entrance examination are CAT, MAT, XAT etc..

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university with minimum 50%, relaxation for reserved category.

Yes, the degree will be beneficial for you if you joins any business sector in future. No, there is no advantage of pursuing course after master degree in course duration.
3rd March 2016, 10:58 AM
Ashwakh

See , doing MBA is always good. But , you clearly mentioned that you are pursuing M.tech now and you got job in a company also . So , it is better to carryon with your job once you completed M.tech . Even if you do MBA after your M.tech , it doesnot give you more job oppurtunitites.

Both MBA and M.Tech are Post graduation courses only. M.tech will comes under Technical course where MBA is different which comes under Administration.

If you want to become an HR , then MBA is the best course for you .

Then you should take MBA in HR specialization .

If you want to do IT job , then you No need to pursue MBA after M.tech
3rd March 2016, 07:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For MBA admission B.Tech qualification is enough but you need to appear for entrance exams like CAT/GMAT/MAT. Scores in any one of these exam is acceptable for MBA admission.

If you had 5 years of experience then executive MBA would have been a good choice which is available for professional only without entrance exam. You have only 2 years experience which is only enough for MBA through entrance exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?