7th July 2011, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MBA after my B.Tech with 4 years Experience?

Hi i am mani. I am a B.Tech(IT) graduate with 4 years experience in a e-learning (ITES) industry but i am not interested in this field. So i am planned to do MBA. Please help me whether its a correct decision at right time.

15th July 2011, 09:12 PM
kritika@Hans

Default Re: Can I do MBA after my B.Tech with 4 years Experience?

hi mani
look you are already engaged in a job but if you are not interested in this then go for mba
but i would suggest you that don't quit your job let it add experience to your profile and side by side do mba from correspondence
best of luck
19th July 2011, 10:41 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi i am mani. I am a B.Tech(IT) graduate with 4 years experience in a e-learning (ITES) industry but i am not interested in this field. So i am planned to do MBA. Please help me whether its a correct decision at right time.
If you are Interested to go with Further Study Then please dont worry, Just do according to your Interest, If you are Interested to do MBA then you can do that, Because for MBA course you need graduate degree and you have already completed your B.tech (IT) so you are eligible for MBA.

MBA is Two Year Post Graduate Degree Course and To get admission in this course you need to complete your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised university with minimum 50% marks, The Admission in this course are based on entrance test like CAT/MAT examination.

So, If you are Interested to do Regular MBA Course then you have to apply for CAT/MAT Examination and after scoring good percentile in this examination you will get admission in top business schools.

But If you are Interested to do Part time MBA course then you have to apply for entrance examination like OPENMAT or other examination conducted by University. But If you are interested to do MBA then please dont worry you can easily go with MBA course. So, Please dont think Negatively just go with your Interest, only then you will get success in your Career.

Top MBA colleges in India offering Part-time MBA -

IIM, Bangalore

XIM, Bhubaneswar

Institute for Financial Management and Research Chennai

Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), Delhi

ICFAI Business School Hyderabad

IIM, Indore

XLRI Jamshedpur

IIM, Calcutta

Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Pune.
19th July 2011, 11:25 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

Well of course you can do MBA.The 4 years experiences will be an advantage for you over other students as lot of IIM's the best business school in India give preferences to students who have a industrial experience .So do not worry and prepare for Exams like CAT,XAT,MAT to get admission to best bussiness school.CAT exam is to get admission to the IIM's.Some of best B-school are :

IIM, Bangalore
IIM, Indore
XLRI Jamshedpur
IIM, Calcutta

CAT pattern ::

CAT examination mostly consists of quantitative ability, data interpretation and English multiple type questions.

CAT Eligibility ::

The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks.
There is no age restriction .
19th July 2011, 11:31 AM
sanjeev26

Yes, you can do MBA after your B.tech as you want
19th July 2011, 11:32 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello,
For MBA there is no age limit.The only criteria needed is Graduation from a recognized Institution with minimum 50% of marks.As you have already completed B.Tech you are quite eligible for the course.

To take admission in MBA course you have to face entrance examination like CAT,MAT,XAT etc.If you crack any of these exams then you can take Admission in reputed Institute which offers' MBA courses and continue with your studies.

Best Wishes.....
19th July 2011, 11:56 AM
ranasachin37

Quote:
If you are Interested to go with Further Study Then please dont worry, Just do according to your Interest, If you are Interested to do MBA then you can do that, Because for MBA course you need graduate degree and you have already completed your B.tech (IT) so you are eligible for MBA.you also have an option to do your job with distance learning MBA from top reputed university like Symbiosis.With these your both need are satisfied.If you want to do MBA from top colleges like IIM then just go for preparation of CAT exam...

MBA is Two Year Post Graduate Degree Course and To get admission in this course you need to complete your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised university with minimum 50% marks, The Admission in this course are based on entrance test like CAT/MAT examination.

So, If you are Interested to do Regular MBA Course then you have to apply for CAT/MAT Examination and after scoring good percentile in this examination you will get admission in top business schools.

Top MBA colleges in India offering Part-time MBA -

IIM, Bangalore

XIM, Bhubaneswar

IIM, Indore

XLRI Jamshedpur

IIM, Calcutta

19th July 2011, 12:15 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

I think you should go for M.tech now,because it would be more career building...
19th July 2011, 12:41 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
after B.TECH you do MBA .

but you give the entrance exam like

CAT
MAT
XAT

top MBA colleges are:-

* IIMS AHemadabad

*IIMS,Kolakata

*IIMS,Delhi

*Indian school of business hyderabad
19th July 2011, 02:28 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Can I do MBA after my B.Tech with 4 years Experience?

Quote:
Dear friend this is very good for you because you have already B.tech degree and if you want to do MBA then this is very good for you.

Then you can join in any company easily because you have technical and management both knowledge.....

that,s why if you want to do this course then there is no any problem and you do this course.

Because in these days MBA is too fast in the market .you will get more response from ordinary boys.
19th July 2011, 02:38 PM
abhi789
Banned

of course why not.you should not do anything that you don't like.m.b.a is a good choice but from good university like iim ,oxford,harvard because from other management college m.b.a. means nothing .believe me.
19th July 2011, 02:40 PM
Arsalaan

hi,
I suggest that if you are not interested in your job field. and instead you want to go for a post graduate course like MBA, most of all you are interested in that you must go for it.

you can also go for a correspondence course in MBA managing your job together with that will benefit you by adding in your experience.Then you can apply OPENMAT or directly from university.

For MBA you require a graduate degree from a recognized university that you already have and experience will surely add to your points.If you want to go for regular course you will have to apply for CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT entrance exams clear these with high percentile to get renowned college.
Don't a good preparation will surely get you through.

All the Best
19th July 2011, 02:56 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
if you are not satisfied with your job, then you must do mba. if you are having minimum of 50% marks in b.tech, hen you are eligible for taking admission in mba. firstly you will have to give an entrance exam of cat or mat. you will have to score good marks in these exams to get admission in a good mba college.
you can also do mba with correspondence from various universities like ignou, anna, sikkim manipal university.
19th July 2011, 04:19 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Hi,

It is good that your are doing job.you can't quit from job because finding job is very difficult.

If you are not intrested in your job,you can go for higher education for better job.You are intrested in MBA.

You can go for MBA.MBA is two year post graduation course.you are experienced so you know what are the requirements.

For best job after MBA you have to join IIM college.IIM colleges are best for MBA.

you can also do MBA with your job from correspondence which is best option for you.

For MBA admission CAT and MAT exams are conducted.eligibility condition for these exam is graduation degree course and you have graduation degree.join IIM college for MBA is best option for this you have good marks in entrance exam.

best of luck.
19th July 2011, 07:58 PM
mandiv

hello
look if you are not interested in a particular thing then you won't be able to perform good there
so it's better you opt a field that is better for you in which you are interested....
yes you are eligible for mba and it is a right career
by this you can mix your business techniques and technical skills...
best of luck
19th July 2011, 08:24 PM
angeleye

Hello,
yes, sure you can study MBA after B.Tech having 4 years of experience. You will get the advantage as you have 4 years experience in E-learning. So you are eligible for the MBA degrees.
As you have engineering degree in IT then it will be better to go for the MBA in IT or HR. As because these are your field related program.
There will be no age limit for the MBA programs in any of the university in India as well as abroad.
You can apply for the various MBA entrance exams as GMAT, MAT, CAT, OPENMAT, etc.
So, if you are really interested to increase your qualification as a management degree then apply for these entrance exam.
20th July 2011, 01:50 AM
GeethaSamudrala

Smile Re: Can I do MBA after my B.Tech with 4 years Experience?

Yes surely, it will be good to do MBA after Btech.
Your chance of placement will also enhances.
21st September 2011, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

How job people can manage the cat prepartion?
21st September 2011, 09:57 PM
meeeanki
Member+

dear sir

yeah you can do mba after qualifing CAT , MAT .................like that entrance exam.

as you complete b.tech then have chance because after complete UG u can apply MBA

GOOD DAY
21st September 2011, 10:27 PM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

Ater B.TECH you can do M.TECH any time you want.You just have to give GATE for that.Or you can do distance course or night m.tech.

But there is a problem.After completing M.TECH when you will join in any company the you be a fresher.Always remember that.
22nd September 2011, 08:09 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Well..its completely your decision whether you want to go in for management..

Its totally your call..

You can surely go in for MBA as there is no age limit neither there is any restriction on the number of attempts you can make to appear in the main MBA exams..Rather your experience will count as an advantage for you when you appear for the entrance exams..

You can appear int the following exams..

CAT
MAT
XAT
FMS
Symbiosis
and many more..

all the best..and keep your vocabulary strong..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
22nd September 2011, 01:53 PM
vasu&sakshi

Quote:
Yes, you do this
you do MBA after b.tech
13th December 2011, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

i have a 4 years of experience in technical back ground (chemistry) after post graduation.I wish to opt for MBA from a good institute through CAT.I want to know about the type of opportunities you get on doing full time MBA from good institute after 4 years experience.
7th January 2012, 02:50 PM
nishant242424

Quote:
"enhancement your profile is always right specailly in early start you can try for executive mba or corresponding mba or regular mba"
13th May 2013, 06:10 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

The best part of MBA is you can shift your field.
Since you have 4 year of work ex, it would help you get into good MBA college.
Prepare for CAT/ZAT/XAT/CMAT and try to get maximum percentile.
Its a good decision as not only it would change your field but also you will get job very soon.

All the best
15th May 2013, 05:52 PM
anupsahu

Dear friend this is very good for you because you have already B.tech degree and if you want to do MBA then this is very good for you.

Then you can join in any company easily because you have technical and management both knowledge.....

that,s why if you want to do this course then there is no any problem and you do this course.

Because in these days MBA is too fast in the market .you will get more response from ordinary boys.
3rd July 2014, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

I have 4 years of experience in IT,ans I hate my IT job.
What career options areavailable for me,Can I do mass communication job,I am interested in such kind of jobd
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?