22nd September 2015, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study M.Sc(IT) being a B.Sc(Computer Science) Honours student? Difference between IT and Computer Science?

Hi,
I am student of B.Sc with Computer Science Honours. I want to study M.Sc in IT. So, please tell me I can get admission for this course? Can you bring some difference between these subjects?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission to study B.Sc/B.Com/B.A.(Economics) Honours in Delhi University if secured 80% in 12th Science? Difference between them?
  2. Difference between B.Tech honours and B.Sc honours?
  3. Can I study BBA/B.A./B.Com/B.Sc Economics Honours course in Delhi University if secured 80% in 12th Science? Difference between them?
  4. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which would be better B.Com or B.A. Economic honours? Difference between both? How to prepare for entrance exams of colleges?
  6. Difference between computer science and computer science and engineering? Which one has a better scope?
  7. Which is the best field among Electronics and Telecommunication, Computer Science and Computer Engineering? Difference between both?
  8. Which is better B.Com or Economics honours? Difference between B.A. Economics and B.Sc Economics?
  9. Which is best among Maths Honours and Computer Science Honours?
  10. Can I get admission in DU for Political Science Honours if scored 95 marks in 12th Political Science?
  11. Difference between MCA IT and Management and Science? Should I go for MCA IT or Science?
  12. How B.Sc Computer Science is differ from B.Tech Computer Science Engineering?
  13. Science student can study Economics honours?
  14. Difference between information science and computer science course in VTU?
  15. Difference between computer science and computer science and engineering? Which one has a better scope?
  16. Eligiblity to pursue B.Sc in Computer Science for 12th PCB student? List of colleges with placement facility in Lucknow? How B.Sc(Computer Science) is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  17. MCA or M.Sc(Computer Science) which is better to study for B.Sc(Computer Science) graduate?
  18. Can I study Master's Degree in Computer Science after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)?
24th February 2017, 11:31 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study M.Sc(IT) being a B.Sc(Computer Science) Honours student? Difference between IT and Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I am student of B.Sc with Computer Science Honours. I want to study M.Sc in IT. So, please tell me I can get admission for this course? Can you bring some difference between these subjects?

Yes, you can get admission to study M.Sc Information Technology (IT) after completion of B.Sc Computer Science Honors. The minimum qualification required to apply for M.Sc Information Technology is a pass in B.Sc Computer Science or Information Technology or BCA or BE / B.Tech in Computer Science or Electrical & Electronics or Electronics and Communication from a recognized university. So you are eligible to study M.Sc in IT after B.Sc Computer Science Honors degree.
The computer science will take a balanced between theory and practical (application). The IT focuses on application. The Computer Science engineers work as software engineer, software developer, systems engineer, computer programmer, java developer etc. The Information Technology graduates work as system administrator, system analyst, system engineer, network engineer, programmer, analyst, technical support etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?