20th February 2023, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

Can I get into MSc Maths through JAM from any of IITs after BA (Major in Maths) from IGNOU?

Hey There! I'm doing BA Major in Maths from IGNOU after SSc in PCM, Can I get admission in any IIT through JAM in MSc Maths course? As most of prestigious institutions like DU, JNU, BHU, JMI etc accept BA Maths eq. to Bsc. Maths , will i be eligible for JAM for MSc in maths/ maths and computing?

21st February 2023, 01:18 AM
ManojTejPratap

Default Re: Can I get into MSc Maths through JAM from any of IITs after BA (Major in Maths) from IGNOU?

Yes, you may be eligible for admission to MSc Maths through JAM from IITs after completing BA (Major in Maths) from IGNOU. As per the eligibility criteria mentioned on the JAM website, candidates who have completed a bachelor's degree in any discipline with Mathematics as one of the subjects for at least two years/four semesters are eligible to apply for the Mathematics test paper.

Since you are pursuing BA Major in Maths, you fulfill the minimum eligibility requirement for JAM. However, admission to IITs through JAM is based on the rank obtained by the candidate in the entrance test and other selection criteria set by the respective IITs. You should also check the specific eligibility requirements and admission criteria of the IITs you are interested in applying to for MSc Maths.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?