7th June 2017, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue B.Ed, if having 49% marks in graduation?

I am from Commerce stream and want to do B.Ed. and have done graduation pass with 49%. I’m a housewife also. Please tell the procedure of doing B.Ed and how to prepare CTET exam?

7th June 2017, 09:03 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I pursue B.Ed, if having 49% marks in graduation?

Those candidates who have successfully completed his/her graduation irrespective of stream with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university are eligible to pursue Bachelor of education. You have scored 49% in your graduation, so you are not eligible to pursue this course.
To prepare for CTET only study is not enough, you need to work hard so that you can score a good mark. You need to work on your time management, which is the most important thing in the examination hall. You have to be confident, you have to solve various mock test papers, you need to study in the regular basis. If you follow this schedule and work hard then you will be able to score a good mark.

7th June 2017, 10:02 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed refers to Bachelor of Education and same is a professional degree course required by those who are looking to make their career as a teacher.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing B.Ed degree course is a graduation degree in any discipline with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized university.

So having completed your graduation with 49% your are not eligible for pursuing B.Ed degree course.

As far as you are concerned about preparing for CTET then I would like to let you know that even for appearing in CTET paper I to be eligible for becoming teacher upto Class V you are required to have D.EL.Ed degree course with at least 50% in it.

For preparation point of view you can either join any coaching center providing guidance for TET or get help from books published by Arihant Publication on TETs examinations. Also you must solve last year paper to have idea regarding the pattern of same examination.

8th June 2017, 12:50 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that with 49% marks in graduation, you are not eligible for B.Ed as the minimum marks required in bachelor's or master's degree to pursue this course is at least 50%.
Candidates applying for B.Ed should have 50% marks in graduation from a recognized university.
Also candidates need to appear for entrance examination to get admission for B.Ed course.
Every university have its own entrance exam for B.Ed.
Generally this entrance exam consist of questions from General knowledge, reasoning, language skills and comprehension, teaching aptitude, etc.
Best way to prepare for CTET is, practice previous years CTET question papers.
You can find syllabus, papers, other details regarding CTET from this site http://ctet.nic.in/ctetapp/error.htm

8th June 2017, 02:55 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue bachelor of education course, you should have completed your BA/B.Sc/B.Com with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university. You have to appear for a written examination conducted by the respective institute in which you want to get admission. You have scored 49% marks in your graduation, so it is not so tough to get admission for B.Ed course.

Here are some books which will help you to prepare for CTET examination:

> CTET Success Master Paper II by Arihant publications

> CTET Success Master Paper I by Arihant Publications

> Study Guide for CTET Paper I by Disha Experts

> CTET and TETs Solved Papers by Arihant Publications

> 15 Practice Sets CTET Central Teacher Eligibility Test Paper 1 by Arihant Publications.

8th June 2017, 05:20 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed Eligibility:

- The minimum qualification required for entry into B.Ed course is bachelor of arts or bachelor of science or bachelor of commerce from a recognised University with at least 50% marks.

- Students need to appear in an entrance test conducted by the various states and independent educational bodies and Universities for admission in various teaching institutions.

- These exams are generally held in the month of June July and consists of objective type questions.

8th June 2017, 05:57 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As per the minimum eligibility criteria, a candidate who has completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with minimum 50% marks is eligible to pursue Bachelor of Education 2 years course. Relaxation in percentage is given to reserved category students of 5%.
If you belong to general category then you are not eligible to pursue B.Ed course at this percentage of 49.

8th June 2017, 11:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For B.Ed admission in any recognized university, you need to have at least 50% marks in your graduation. There is no other option available, if you don't fulfill the percentage criteria.

Only in case of reserved category, you can get relaxation of 5% marks, which will make 49% marks acceptable.

8th June 2017, 11:20 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible for B.Ed if your percentage in commerce is 49%.

For B.Ed through regular you have to pass B.Com with 50% marks.

You can do B.Ed through Distance Education.

University offering B.Ed through distance education:-

Indira Gandhi National Open University

Kota Open University.

Nalanda Open University

Madhya Pradesh Bhoj Open University

Tamil Nadu Open University

Uttaranchal Open University

U.P Rajarshi Tandon Open University

Netaji Subhas Open University

K.K Handique State University.

9th June 2017, 12:40 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am from Commerce stream and want to do B.Ed. and have done graduation pass with 49%. I’m a housewife also. Please tell the procedure of doing B.Ed and how to prepare CTET exam?
Sorry ti say that you are not eligible for B.Ed course with 49% of marks in Graduation. Those who interested to apply for B.Ed course must complete Graduation with at least 50% of marks from a recognized university. However, you are eligible to apply to apply for B.Ed course through distance or correspondence mode.

9th June 2017, 12:57 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot pursue B.Ed course after scoring only 49% of marks in Graduation.
Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Ed course, just have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria for B.Ed course:-

Candidates must have completed Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored at least 50% of marks in Graduation.
There is 5% relaxation of marks for OBC candidates and 10% relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

9th June 2017, 10:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, you are not eligible for B.Ed course because your graduation degree marks is below 50%.

Those candidates who have completed graduation or masters degree with above 50% marks from a recognized university are eligible for B.Ed course.

There are no age criteria.

9th June 2017, 04:15 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to pursue Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course with just 49% marks in Graduation. There is a certain educational qualification required to pursue this Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course.

>> You must have completed Graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

>> The minimum percentage required in Graduation course is 50% marks in order to be eligible.

>> In order to appear in CTET examination, the minimum educational qualification is Graduation and you must have studied B.Ed course or pursuing Bachelor of Education course.

>> First make sure you are eligible for doing B.Ed course, then start preparing for CTET Examination.

9th June 2017, 11:59 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue B.Ed course with 49% aggregate marks in your Graduation. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in Science/ Arts/ Commerce stream with minimum aggregate of 50% (45% for SC/ ST) marks from a recognised university are eligible to pursue B.Ed course. So, if you belong to SC/ ST category, you are eligible to pursue B.Ed course with 49% marks in graduation else, you are not eligible to pursue B.Ed course.

10th June 2017, 10:15 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education and same is a professional degree course required by those candidates who want to make their career as a teacher.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing B.Ed degree course is a graduation with at least 50% marks from a recognized university.

So having completed your graduation with 49% marks you are not eligible for pursuing B.Ed degree course from a recognized university.

Further as far as you are concerned about preparing for CTET then I would like to let you know that for appearing in CTET you are required to have either D.El.Ed or B.Ed degree with 50% marks.

So for appearing in CTET you first need to pursue D.EL.Ed degree course and have to manage at least 50% marks in order to be eligible for appearing in CTET Paper I examination for your recruitment as a teacher of upto Class V.

For details regarding CTET you can refer to the link www.ctet.nic.in.

9th February 2020, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Can I do bed. If having 49.63%in hons and aggregate 56.3% total in graduation belongs to bc2 caste

9th September 2021, 12:27 PM
Minal F

No,

Candidates must have a graduation degree with minimum 50 to 55%marks and for post graduate with minimum 55%marks are eligible to apply for various B.ed entrance tests.

13th March 2022, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

Can i do b.ed from jammu university if I having 48 percent marks in graduation please answer me immigetly?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?