3rd July 2015, 01:46 AM
Unregistered

Can I pursue petroleum engineering after completing graduation in science?

Can I pursue petroleum engineering after completing graduation in science? if you could provide me more details on it. Please provide asap

Related Questions:
  1. Can I pursue M.Tech in Petroleum Engineering after completing B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering?
  2. Which institute is better for Petroleum Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to pursue course in petroleum engineering?
  4. How to do Petroleum Engineering? Can I do B.E in Chemical Engineering?
  5. Best colleges to study petroleum engineering? I am a 12th science student
  6. How to pursue graduation after completing B.Com? Can I get English Hons and Sociology, Political Science and Anthropology?
  7. Petroleum filed obs are not for girls? Future of Petroleum engineering?
  8. Can I do Post Graduation in Marine Engineering after BE E&TC? Duration of course?
  9. List of career opportunities available for a B.Tech graduate in Petroleum engineering from school of Petroleum technology Gandhinagar? I've secured CPI 5.75
  10. After BS in Marine Engineering can I pursue M.Tech in Petroleum Engineering?
  11. Is there any need of learning any course by Petroleum engineering degree holder to pursue a job?
  12. How to pursue diploma in mechanical engineering after completing graduation from IGNOU
  13. Reservoir engineering or Production engineering? Which is better?
  14. How do I apply for entrance exam of Reliance Petrochemicals? What is the eligibility criteria?
  15. How to pursue a career in Petroleum Engineering?
  16. Courses that can be done after passing 12th? I wan't to become a space scientist
  17. How to pursue B.Ed correspondence course in Mumbai after completing graduation in science(BSc)?
  18. Is it possible to do Post graduation in Actuarial Science after completing BBA?
14th July 2015, 11:27 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I pursue petroleum engineering after completing graduation in science?

Yes you can pursue the course but you must crack the Entrance Examination such as the State Entrance Examinations or the JEE Main and Advanced to study the course.
You will be provided admission on the basis of the marks that you obtained in your Class 12 Board Examination and not on the basis of your Graduation marks.
So prepare for the Entrance Examination and once you are able to crack the Examination you will be provided with admission to the course of Petroleum Engineering on the basis of your rank in these Entrance Examinations.
14th July 2015, 10:48 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue petroleum engineering after completing graduation in science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I pursue petroleum engineering after completing graduation in science? if you could provide me more details on it. Please provide asap
Yes, you can apply for B.Tech or B.E in Petroleum Engineering or Petroleum Technology after completion of your graduation in Science. You must appear and qualify in the entrance exam in order to get admission, Being a Graduate student you can directly apply in B.E. 2nd year. Petroleum engineering relates to oil exploration. Like exploration of crude oil and natural gas. It is the specialized courses which give lots of onshore and offshore opportunities in the petroleum industry. Some of the Engineering institutions that offer petroleum engineering courses are:

Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University-
School of Solar Energy, Gandhinagar (Gujarat)
Raisan Village , Gandhinagar (Gandhinagar Dist.) - 382007

Aditya Engineering College, East Godavari (Andhra Pradesh)
Aditya Nagar, ADB Road, Surampalem ,
East Godavari (East Godavari Dist.) - 533437

Dehradun Institute of Technology, Dehradun (Uttarakhand)
Mussooorie Diversion Road, P.O. Bhagwantpur Malsi, Makkawala ,
Dehradun (Dehradun Dist.) - 248009
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?