25th December 2015, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Chances to study M.Sc(Astrophysics) for B.Sc 3rd year candidate without Physics Honours?

Hi,
I am Chetna, studying B.Sc 3rd year. I want to do M.Sc in Astrophysics as I don't have Honours in Physics, I want to know it is possible for me to get chance to do M.Sc in Astrophysics?

31st December 2015, 12:22 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances to study M.Sc(Astrophysics) for B.Sc 3rd year candidate without Physics Honours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I am Chetna, studying B.Sc 3rd year. I want to do M.Sc in Astrophysics as I don't have Honours in Physics, I want to know it is possible for me to get chance to do M.Sc in Astrophysics?
Yes, you can do M.Sc Astrophysics after B.Sc in Physics. There will be an entrance examination for the admission. The course is available in Osmania University. The university pdf link is given,

You can do the course in Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Integrated MSc – PhD Programme - www.iiap.res.in/intphd.htm.

The programme will be conducted at IIA, Bangalore. The course is done in collaboration with IGNOU. You can get the details in the link given below http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutig...s/detail/288/1

You can do the M.Sc Physics (Specialization in Astrophysics) in St.Xavier’s College, Kolkata. But the eligibility is B.Sc Physics (Hons).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Astrophysics III, IV CBCS.pdf(169.6 KB, 0 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?