1st May 2015, 04:12 AM
Unregistered

Honours will be cancelled if I get low marks in 1st year of B.Com? B.Com general candidate can be transferred to honours if get good percentage in respective subject?

Sir,I am a candidate of WBCHSE board.I got 74 percent in best of four,but 75 percentage in accounts.I have applied for b.com honours.My query is that if i get low percent in first year,is my honours will remain or cutted,then for that what percent i have to maintain.If any candidate apply for b.com general with low percent instead of honours and if he get good percent in respective subject then he could be transferred to honours.

2nd May 2015, 06:49 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Honours will be cancelled if I get low marks in 1st year of B.Com? B.Com general candidate can be transferred to honours if get good percentage in respective subject?

I would like to tell you something that if you have got 75% in best of four in class 12th, then you are eligible for B.com honours, as minimum criteria for B.com honours is minimum 50% in class 12th with commerce stream and if you get low percentage in first year then you might get B.com general in second year, because as in first year both general and honours category student has to appear for general papers only but after 1st year the college decides that in which category the student should be put in at that time if you have applied for honours and your marks in 1st year fulfil the eligibility criteria then you will get honours as your subject, otherwise you have to study with general only.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?