2nd September 2016, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

Does IGNOU offer M.Sc. in Zoology? Eligibility criteria and details for the same

Hi, I have done B.Sc and now I want to do M.Sc. Actually I want to do it from IGNOU. I want to know Does IGNOU offer M.Sc. in Zoology? Please share it's eligibility criteria and other details.

Related Questions:
  1. List of universities to apply for Ph.D Zoology? Can we do it from IGNOU? -- [New]
  2. Information about MSc Zoology? What is the eligibility?
  3. Does IGNOU offer M.Phil through correspondence? Procedure and the eligibility criteria?
  4. Detailed information and eligibility to study M.Sc(Zoology) in Madras University for B.Sc student of IGNOU?
  5. Can I take admission in MSc Zoology in IGNOU after completing Zoology Honors from Kolkata University
  6. How to do MSc Zoology or MSc Biotechnology after completing graduation in Zoology
  7. How to apply for MSc Physics through IGNOU? Where are the centers in Kerala which are offering this course? What is the eligibility criteria behind this?
  8. Criteria, syllabus and eligibility for FCI exam? What is the date of the exam? I am a student of MSc Zoology
  9. Does IGNOU offers correspondence program in B.Ed? I have done BA from Madurai university
  10. What are the job prospects after MSc in Zoology or MSc in Biochemistry
  11. Admission procedure for MSc Maths(Correspondence) from IGNOU? Eligibility criteria for it? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Criteria to do MBBS after doing BSc Zoology and MSc In medical microbiology? Where can I get the form details?
  13. Which is best masters degree to do after completion of M.Sc in Zoology?
  14. Can I do M.Sc Zoology after completion of B.Sc to become a professor in future to teach?
  15. Which has more scope between M.Sc zoology and M.Sc Botany?
  16. Detailed procedure to get admission in PhD-Zoology course in IGNOU?
  17. Difference between simple MSc and MSc Hons? What is the exact procedure to take admission in DU? I want to do MSc in Zoology
  18. Does IGNOU offer MSc in any discipline?
8th September 2016, 09:10 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does IGNOU offer M.Sc. in Zoology? Eligibility criteria and details for the same

Yes, IGNOU offers M.Sc in Zoology course through distance mode.

In order to pursue M.Sc Zoology from IGNOU, you must complete B.Sc (3 years) degree with minimum 55% marks after 10+2 with major/honours in life sciences and any other related life science discpline/Biosciences/Botany/Zoology.

IGNOU conducts an entrance examination for admission in M.Sc Zoology.

You can refer these books for the preparation of your entrance examination:

> Objective Zoology. (Author - Pillai R K, Prakash Publisher).

> Complete Guide M.Sc. Entrance Examination - Zoology PB (English) (Paperback). (Author - Dr. Anita Sehgal, Unique Publishers).

The fee structure is Rs. 5,000/- per semester plus other fees.

Total marks of the examination is 100 marks.
Duration is 3 hours.
No negative marking is there.
8th September 2016, 09:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does IGNOU offer M.Sc. in Zoology? Eligibility criteria and details for the same

IGNOU doesn't offer M.Sc zoology or botany course. They offer M.Sc in life sciences degree course. Hence, if you are looking for zoology degree, then you need to study go for a regular course.

Open universities like IGNOU doesn't offer courses which requires daily lab work. Hence, they offer different course which have syllabus without any lab work.
21st March 2018, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

I have done BSc. in Bio General (Zoology, physiology and chemistry ) from vidyasagar college under calcutta university with 60% so, i can apply msc in zoology on ignou???
22nd April 2018, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I have done B.Sc and now I want to do M.Sc. Actually I want to do it from IGNOU. I want to know Does IGNOU offer M.Sc. in Zoology? Please share it's eligibility criteria and other details
25th June 2018, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

I have done BSc with subjects botany zoology and biotechnology from Kurukshtra university .. I want to do MSc zoology from IGNOU. Please give me all necessary details
23rd October 2018, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

I have completed BSc pass course(two year) in 1996 from West Bengal. I want to do MSc from distance mode. Can I do this with yours University.
23rd October 2018, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

I have completed BSc pass course(two year) in 1996 from West Bengal. I want to do MSc from distance mode. Can I do this with yours University.
13th March 2019, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

I'm a B.H.M.S (homoeopathic doctor).I want to do MSC from IGNOU.in which stream I can do Msc
11th July 2019, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Distance education in msc zoology does ignou offer these course in distance
11th July 2019, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

Does ignou offer msc zoology distances education??
1st August 2019, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

I have done my B.Sc in BT and SP ( Biotechnology and Specimen Preparation). I completed my graduation in 2002 with 84 percent marks. Can I do M.Sc. Zoology now under IGNOU. What will be the fee structure to complete the course ? And what's the course period ?
20th August 2019, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

When is the entrance exam for msc zoology for this year (2019) ???
10th January 2020, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me the admission fees for MSc in zoology at IGNOU
29th January 2020, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Is there is any concession of sc students in eligibility marks
5th February 2020, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Last date of admission in msc zoology2020-2022june exam
17th February 2020, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

Can it be considered if I have got only 53% in Bsc in zoology.
15th March 2020, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

I have done msc zoology. Am i elligible to do Phd in biochemistry from IGNOU?
5th August 2020, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

Is there any study center in Odisha offer MSc zoology course
15th August 2020, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Is ignou offers m. Sc in zoology or not???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?