18th February 2016, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility requirement and CGPA criteria for Ph.D in Engineering?

I have passed Bsc and Msc both in electronics(Bsc and Msc comes in basic sciences)..But i want to do Phd in engineering.the criteria for Btech students is that minimum cgpa of 7.5 and a valid gate score, I dont unterstand whether Equivalent of Btech cgpa is Msc cgpa or combined cgpa of Msc and Bsc both... that is which formula of the two give below is correct no. 1 or no. 2.
(No 1)Btech cgpa = msc cgpa or (no 2)btech cgpa = cgpa (msc bsc).

23rd February 2016, 06:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility requirement and CGPA criteria for Ph.D in Engineering?

For B.Tech candidates to get admission in Ph.D there is a requirement of 60% or 7.5 CGPA marks in B.Tech degree from a recognized university.

In case of M.Sc or Masters degree holders the required marks is 55% marks in M.Sc. Therefore, in this case the CGPA required will surely be less than 7.5. Hence, don't worry and don't get confused with it.
6th September 2017, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility requirement and CGPA criteria for Ph.D in Engineering?

I am doing my M.Tech now. and will finish it in 2018. Is it a better option for me to apply with my B.tech or M.tech results awaited. If i fill with B.tech, then after the completion of my M.tech can I avail lectureship?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?