6th July 2016, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Which field should I choose between MBA and Engineering after 12th? Can I do MBA after 12th?

Hi,

I am a student of 12th science(maths-computer). after 12th i want to do engg. but iam also intrested in mba (management). what do you think which field that i have to choose. can i do mba after 12 , if yes then what is its process.
please halp me.

7th July 2016, 12:15 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which field should I choose between MBA and Engineering after 12th? Can I do MBA after 12th?

There is no direct entrance examination for Master of Business Administration after 10+2. For MBA entrance examination like CAT, MAT, XAT etc, an aspirant must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

CAT which stands for Common Admission Test, is the entrance examination to get admission in the best Management colleges of India like Indian Institute of Management. You will have to do graduation to apply for this exam.

There is one integrated course called BBA+MBA which you can pursue after 10+2. But it will be more better than if you do MBA after Bachelor's degree in technology.
7th July 2016, 12:35 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which field should I choose between MBA and Engineering after 12th? Can I do MBA after 12th?

There is no problem, you can first complete bachelor's degree in engineering from any recognized institute then apply for Master of Business Administration. This is a general trend to go for management courses after engineering.

1. You can get admission in engineering if you have studied PCM subjects and scored 50% marks in board exams. Exams like JEE, SRMEEE, VITEEE etc are conducted.

2. In final year of engineering, you can apply for entrance exams like CAT, MAT, SNAP etc to get admission in MBA in top colleges of India.
7th July 2016, 04:31 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, right now after 10+2 you are not eligible to get admission in the master's degree.

So, you are not eligible for admission in MBA course. But if you are interested in pursuing engineering you are eligible for it if have PCM as main paper in 10+2.

For pursuing MBA course minimum eligibility is bachelor degree in any discipline with minimum 50% from any recognised university.

So, you can apply for the admission in course after the engineering course. Candidates have to qualify in entrance examination such as CAT, GMAT etc. for admission in better institutions.
7th July 2016, 08:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I am a student of 12th science(maths-computer). after 12th i want to do engg. but iam also intrested in mba (management). what do you think which field that i have to choose. can i do mba after 12 , if yes then what is its process.
please halp me.
After completion 12th standard, you can not apply for MBA course.

So you can apply for Engineering course. After completion of Engineering course, you can do MBA course also.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for Engineering Entrance exam.
7th July 2016, 08:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can do only integrated BBA-MBA programme after class 12th which is of 5 years duration and offered by very less number of institutes and universities. IIM Indore conducts their own entrance exam for integrated programme for class 12th candidates.
B.Tech is a different field and if you want to work in only engineering domain then this is the better option but many candidates go for MBA after completion of engineering degree. Hence, if your aim is a management degree then MBA is a good option.
7th July 2016, 09:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your 12th standard with MPC stream, you are eligible to do Engineering course but, you are not eligible to do MBA course. Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree course from a recognised university are eligible to pursue MBA course. As you are interested to study Engineering and MBA course, I suggest you to first study Engineering course, so, that you are also eligible to study MBA course.
8th July 2016, 12:17 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

please halp me.
Yes, you can study Engineering course to do MBA course in future. But, you are not directly eligible for MBA after 12th. Those who wants to study MBA then the candidate must complete Graduation in any discipline including engineering from a recognized university. So, you can choose engineering and after completion of engineering, you can do MBA if you want. So both the courses are possible to study one in graduation and the another one in post graduation. So first you can study engineering and then study MBA for a good career. In engineering you can choose the group in which you have more interest.
15th July 2016, 06:58 PM
anuradha1985

No,after 12th direct admission in MBA ,it is not possible.

Eligibility criteria for MBA
Candidate must be passed graduation in any stream from recognized university.

College for MBA:---
Army institute of management

Indian institute of social welfare and management

CIMAGE

Sikkim manipal university
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?