18th August 2011, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

How should I go ahead to pursue MDS in USA after doing BDS from India? Is my bachelors degree valid?

I have done BDS from india and want to persue for MDS in USA,how do i go ahead?
Is my bachelors degree valid there?
What examms do i need to give?
thank you

28th December 2011, 11:13 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I go ahead to pursue MDS in USA after doing BDS from India? Is my bachelors degree valid?

Different States have different requirements and admission procedures though for pursuing MDS you have to hold you BDS certificate from a recognised university.Some dental schools consider Dental Admission Test (DAT) as criteria for admission or the National Board Dentistry Examination.Basically there are two parts in this examination. Part 1 is basic science - human anatomy, biochemistry and physiology, microbiology, dental anatomy and occlusion. It consists of 400 multiple choice questions. Part 2 deals with clinical dental topics.

Stony Brook University, State University Of New York
School of Dental Medicine, Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry

Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
School of Dentistry

University of Southern California
School of Dentistry

University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill
School of Public Health, Department of Health Policy and Management
24th May 2012, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How should I go ahead to pursue MDS in USA after doing BDS from India? Is my bachelors degree valid?

i have done my MDS orthodontics from a recognized university in india now i have to settle in the USA can i practice there? or what is the procedure to get my degree recognized?
24th May 2012, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

i have done MDS orthodontics from a recognized university in india now i have to settle in the USA then what is the procedure to get my degree recognized there?
20th July 2012, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

how do i pursue mds in usa after doing bds in india?how could i get a scholarsip there?what are requirements to do mds in usa?what test i have to clear for admission in mds course in usa?
1st May 2013, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

i am going to give my second year BDS exam in june.I am very much interested to persue my MDS degree in USA.I am very much interested to do MDS in ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY.How to prepare for persuing my studies there?Are there any particular exams?Does percentage of my BDS UNIVERSITY EXAMS matters?
14th September 2013, 03:09 AM
Unregistered

in usa bds marks r consider for mds admission?
15th September 2013, 07:38 PM
rojatangella

Smile Re: How should I go ahead to pursue MDS in USA after doing BDS from India? Is my bachelors degree valid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done BDS from india and want to persue for MDS in USA,how do i go ahead?
Is my bachelors degree valid there?
What examms do i need to give?
thank you
Different States have different requirements and admission procedures though for pursuing MDS you have to hold you BDS certificate from a recognised university.Some dental schools consider Dental Admission Test (DAT) as criteria for admission or the National Board Dentistry Examination.Basically there are two parts in this examination. Part 1 is basic science - human anatomy, biochemistry and physiology, microbiology, dental anatomy and occlusion. It consists of 400 multiple choice questions. Part 2 deals with clinical dental topics.

Stony Brook University, State University Of New York
School of Dental Medicine, Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry

Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis
School of Dentistry

University of Southern California
School of Dentistry

University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill
School of Public Health, Department of Health Policy and Management
2nd December 2014, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

HI... I HAVE DONE MDS IN ORTHODONTICS FROM A RECOGNIZED COLLEGE IN INDIA AND I WISH TO APPLY FOR RESIDENCY COURSE IN ORTHODONTICS IN USA. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GUIDE ME..
2nd November 2018, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

I have done my bds in India. I want to do my pg in USA ...how should I proceed?? And what are the exams I should take??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?