21st June 2014, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Which one is better M.Sc IT or M.Sc CS after B.Sc CS?

Can anyone please do tell me that which is better option after completing BSc computer science MSc IT or MSc CS?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do MSc dietetics after completing BSc Nursing?
  2. Can I apply for Biotech or MSc after pursuing BSc Medical Imaging Technology?
  3. Should I go for MSc IT or MSc CS?
  4. What are the jobs available after MSc IT? How much salary will be offered? Can I do Ph.D after MSc?
  5. MSc Subjects and branches after B.Sc. Biochemistry?
  6. Which is the best between MSc Nursing and MSc Dietetics? I have completed BSc Nursing
  7. Job opportunities for BSc Chemistry or MSc Chemistry and what kind of jobs are available for BSc or MSc Chemistry in India and Middle East?
  8. How to do MSc in Criminology after studying BSc Forensic Science in Mumbai -- [New]
  9. Which one has a better scope between MSC microbiology/MSC biochemistry/MSC biotechnology?
  10. Should i do MSc after BSc in Physics? Which one is better among JNU and BHU?
  11. Which type of jobs we can do after B.Sc maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What to do after completing BSc, MCA, MSc in Electronics, MSc in Forensic or MSc IT? Any good institute in Ahmedabad city to do Ethical Course?
  13. Which are the available fields in MSc after BSc Biochem? Which courses can I do after BSc Biochem other than MSc Biotech or Biotech? Best universities for the particular course?
  14. What should I do to get admission in MSc? I am studying BSc Sem 3
  15. Which course is better to for other than MSc Nursing after BSc Nursing?
  16. Doing MSc Chemistry without doing bridge course of BSc Chemistry? Can I do MSc Chemistry in 1 year sitting?
  17. Should I go for MSc IT or MSc CS? I have done BSc CS from Mumbai University
  18. How to get admission in MSc Agriculture? Exam required for MSc?
21st January 2015, 09:33 PM
smithapriya

Default Re: Which one is better M.Sc IT or M.Sc CS after B.Sc CS?

This is a common problem in modern day youth. It is because of the diversity in the field of education. However, it is nice that you are aiming at higher education.

M. Sc in Computer Science covers various areas which can be applied to various areas like technology, science, business and education whereas M. Sc IT aims to provide graduates with appropriate practical knowledge, skills, and understanding for managing IT use, change and development.

MSc computer science on the other hand deals with the theoretical details of hardware and software along with logic & algorithm. Those having a strong computational and scientific background opt for this field. The course also provides an excellent grounding for further research, either through PhD study or in a commercial setting whereas M. Sc IT is unique and flexible which allows graduates to build a satisfying career in the challenging field of IT- as an analyst, software engineer, and system designer. This course is designed for the students who wish to build their career in IT field.

It is always recommendable to go for that particular field of education in which you are interested and comfortable. If you are very much interested in teaching computer science or doing research in the field of computer should you can go for MSC computer science while if looking for a career in the challenging field of IT- as an analyst, software engineer, and system designer, then go for M.SC IT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?