22nd December 2017, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

PG diploma course in Java and Testing is applicable for GATE?

I have attended PGCET, but I'm searching for job. So, I got joined to Java and testing course in the last year itself. Can I appear for GATE? Is this course valid till for GATE?

Related Questions:
  1. I am interested in the field of research in space science and technology : Which is the right course for me? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to prepare for 6 months internship at IBM?
  3. Which one is better for ECE students between Java and Testing Skills?
  4. List of companies which provides internship in Java, PHP and Testing?
  5. Courses that could be done after B.E so that I could get a better job?
  6. What kind of job I will get in Capgemini after completing B.Tech(CSE)?
  7. Which are the core companies available for Inplant Training in Coimbatore
  8. Which language I should learn strongly while doing BCA to get better job opportunity in future?
  9. Best Institutes/Companies which provides Six Weeks/Six Months Industrial Training in Java, Android, Iphone, .NET, PHP, Web/Graphic Design, Software Testing, SEO in Java, Android, Iphone, .NET, PHP, Web/Graphic Design, Software Testing, SEO?
  10. Procedure to apply for training in Electronic and Communication branch at BHEL, Bhopal?
  11. Summer training in ECE from Nokia Siemens Network, Jaipur? List of other best ECE training companies?
  12. Which programming languages are important for GATE 2017?
  13. Job description of Program Analyst Trainee in Changepond Technologies? -- [New]
  14. External courses that can be done during initial training of Mechanical engineering?
  15. Can a 5th semester student of Electrical engineering apply for internship at ONGC? Procedure to apply for it?
  16. How can I apply for summer training at Tata Steel Jamshedpur during my summer vacation?
  17. Possibility to do internship from WIPRO, INFOSYS and TCS in 4th semester of BCA?
  18. Procedure to join as an intern at NTPC
22nd December 2017, 06:51 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: PG diploma course in Java and Testing is applicable for GATE?

I am sorry to say that you cannot appear in the Gate examination after the completion of Post Graduate Diploma course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree course either in Engineering or in Science department from a recognized University can apply for the GATE examination.
Final year candidates of above mentioned course can also apply for the GATE examination.
22nd December 2017, 10:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: PG diploma course in Java and Testing is applicable for GATE?

For GATE, you need a B.Tech degree or a M.Sc degree in a particular stream. You must have 60% in B.Tech or 55% in M.Sc degree to become eligible for GATE.

PGCET is not valid for GATE. If you have B.Tech degree and then PGCET, then you are eligible, provided you have 60% marks in degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?